review

Best Pizza in South Florida 2013

It seems almost daily I get emails asking me where the Best Pizza in South Florida is. Readers who ask this question do not realize how subjective pizza tastes are and that just because I like one style at a specific pizzeria doesn’t mean they will feel the same way. After a lot of […]

7 / 8
Slice Rating

Best Pizza in South Florida 2013

Posted By: Pizza Expert
View site

best_pizza_south_florida.jpg

It seems almost daily I get emails asking me where the Best Pizza in South Florida is. Readers who ask this question do not realize how subjective pizza tastes are and that just because I like one style at a specific pizzeria doesn’t mean they will feel the same way. After a lot of consideration we finally decided to put out the definitive guide of the where to get the best pizza in South Florida.

Please keep in mind we have not tried every single pizza place in the South Florida area, but we have gotten to a good majority of them. Places like Stanzione 87 haven’t been tried yet, and I am aware they might be considered for this list if I had tried it already. Many times if a place is just awful we choose not to write a scathing review, since it is not our objective to put these places out of business. We are in search of the best pizza and telling you where to find it. Also it should be noted that we usually get our pizza plain so that we can compare it fairly at the thousands of places we try.

I am sure many of you will be insanely upset that we missed a place, or that you hated a place we chose, but we stand by our choices.

Without further ado……

Best Overall Pizza is Pizzeria Oceano in Lantana, FL

Best Wood & Coal Oven Pizza is Tucci’s Pizza in Boca Raton, FL

Best Coal Oven Pizza is  the Craig Pizza at Nick’s New Haven Pizza in Boca Raton, FL (yes named after the guy you think).

Honorable mention goes to Esposito’s Pizza in Davie, Anthony’s Coal Fire Pizza in Plantation.

Best Neapolitan Pizza is Scuola Vecchia in Delray Beach, FL

Honorable mention goes to Fratelli La Buffala in Miami Beach

Best Wood Oven Pizza is Kitchenetta in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Honorable mention goes to Spritz Pizza in Coral Gables, Osteria Acqua & Farina in Fort Lauderdale, Sicilian Oven in Lighthouse Point.

Best Sicilian Slice is Kings County Pizza in North Miami Beach

Honorable mention goes to La Pizzeria in Pompano Beach, Frankie’s Pizza in Miami, Dominic’s I Pizza in Boca Raton.

Best Regular Slice is Mauro’s Pizza in Hollywood, FL

Honorable mention goes to Steve’s Pizza in North Miami, Times Square Pizza in Fort Lauderdale.

Best Off the Menu Pizza the Craig Pizza at Nick’s New Haven Pizza in Boca Raton, FL again. I remention it here since it isn’t found on the regular menu there.

Best Detroit Style Pizza is Grande Pizza in Boca Raton, FL

Honorable mention goes to Augy’s Pizza in Boca Raton.

Best Deep Dish Pizza is NONE. No Place. Order Lou Malnati’s pizza frozen and have it in your South Florida house.

Best Brick Oven Pizza is Andiamo Brick Oven Pizza in  Miami, FL

Best Somewhat Healthy Pizza is the Crossfit pie at Giotto Pizza in Miami Beach, FL

Best Upside Down Sicilian is Spadini’s Pizza in Boca Raton, FL

Best Thin Slice Personal Pizza is Joey’s Pizza In Wynwood Miami, FL

Favorite Newcomer is Blocks Pizza in Miami Beach, FL

• make an
    order

• *
  • *

27 Responses to “Best Pizza in South Florida 2013”

• josephpmay wrote:
    30 Dec 2013 at 12:49 pm

I have a suggestion for best Deep Dish: Jet’s Pizza in Oakland Park. It’s delicious, especially if you order it with unusual toppings (my favorite is their sweet barbecue chicken) and garlic crust!

• Gail wrote:
    31 Dec 2013 at 3:26 pm

Nino’s Grandma pizza is not upside down – there is no sauce – but you can get a thin or scillian upside down – love all 3 – Happy New Year

31 Dec 2013 at 3:31 pm

Gail you have to ask for this special pie!

Thanks

• Gail wrote:
    31 Dec 2013 at 6:36 pm

I did tonite …they said they don’t make Grandmas pizza upside down??????? Got a Upside Down Sicilian for later tho…..love them

31 Dec 2013 at 6:38 pm

Who was the server?

Thanks

• Gail wrote:
    31 Dec 2013 at 7:04 pm

I called in a take out

• Gail wrote:
    01 Jan 2014 at 2:42 pm

I was thinking maybe thr grandmas is already upside down since the tomaoes and garlic are on top of the cheese????? What do do think?

01 Jan 2014 at 2:47 pm

I called and spoke to owner and he apologized that the person who answered the phone didn’t know. This pie takes a long time to make and on a busy night it’s almost impossible for them.
    Thanks

• thedavo wrote:
    02 Jan 2014 at 7:12 am

Lesson I got from this somewhat useless article is to stay away from the chains.

• Gail wrote:
    02 Jan 2014 at 9:25 am

You have me very curious now – do you have a pic – so what is this – I have had Grandmas from them but just Grandma’s – why does it take so long – I have to get one and I was going to be good this week – lol

02 Jan 2014 at 9:27 am

I think we have a photo somewhere on the site

Thanks

• ken wrote:
    02 Jan 2014 at 12:38 pm

Villa Rose in Hollywood has the best Chicago style thin around . Get the sausage and they cut in squares like the real deal. Its a dive that has been around forever.

• Alfred wrote:
    02 Jan 2014 at 3:48 pm

“We are in search of the best pizza and telling you where to find it”

If that’s the case, why do you call yourself “Worstpizza.com”?

• Alfred wrote:
    02 Jan 2014 at 3:49 pm

What is the Craig’s pizza at Nick’s? I couldn’t find it on their menu.

02 Jan 2014 at 4:14 pm

We didn’t start as such.

Thanks

02 Jan 2014 at 4:15 pm

It’s off the menu pie. Mootz oil Garlic meatball

Thanks

• SandmanInHollywood wrote:
    02 Jan 2014 at 7:43 pm

Mauro’s is absolute drek. It’s where the drunks go when they want a slice late at night, and the staff is about as unfriendly at can you get. And it’s horribly unsanitary and always hot inside there. Shame on you for not mentioning Capone’s Flicker Lite on the Intracoastal in Hollywood…The BEST pizza ever!

02 Jan 2014 at 8:01 pm

I haven’t enjoy capones the few times I’ve gone. What do you like about it? Which pizza? I’ll go try it again.
    Thanks

• Gail wrote:
    03 Jan 2014 at 11:21 am

OK – spoke to several people at the one on powerline rd – even Dave the pizza maker – he said they do not make the Grandma’s pizza upside down – Grandma’s has tomatoes/garlic/basil and 3 cheeses – he said he never made it – but if i wanted sauce on top of everything it could be considered upside down? I have had them make a thin crust upside down before but didn’t have all the Grandma’s ingredients on it – I am so confused – HA

03 Jan 2014 at 11:26 am

They told me to call it the Nonnas Pizza now

Thanks

03 Jan 2014 at 11:29 am

I’m removing them from the list since It seems too difficult to get.

Thanks

• Gail wrote:
    03 Jan 2014 at 1:29 pm

Hi Craig – I will just get my Grandma’s or Upside Sicilian and when I’m in there I will talk to the owner – All I was trying to do was pick up a god pizza thats on my way home from work on a Friday – I will still follow all of your recommendations – I would have never learned about the upside down if it wasn’t for you – I appreciate your reviews and patience with this crazy situation – Happy New Year!

• bigstu wrote:
    09 Jan 2014 at 3:48 pm

I agree that Mauro’s is way over rated and passable at best. Whoever liked Capones should be shot. Villa Rose can be very interesting depending on which pizza you get! for pizza by the slice I like Tony’ on 441 in NMB (not to be confused with tony’s the pizza chef. Kings county Pizza always out of Sicilian pizza I think they ony have it by the slice on Friday’s never ordered a pie.

• DB wrote:
    11 Feb 2014 at 7:24 pm

Something’s wrong here… Pizza review without mention of John The Baker in Cooper City or Mario The Baker in West Palm. Born and raised down here and all you have listed fails in comparison to their pies.

• Ayan wrote:
    27 Jun 2014 at 2:53 pm

Very goog post. I like pizza delivery dublin 8

• Mk wrote:
    29 Aug 2014 at 12:54 am

# josephpmayon _ Yes Jet pizza does have arguably the best deep dish pizza! Oakland Park (Fort Laurd.) Fl

• Grandma Tony’s Pizza | ABC Pizza Cooking wrote:
    28 Jun 2015 at 10:00 am

[…] Best Pizza in South Florida 2013 | Best Pizza Reviews – It seems almost daily I get emails asking me where the Best Pizza in South Florida is. Readers who ask this question do not realize how subjective pizza […]

RECEIVE PIZZA REVIEWS