Ovenella Pizza Boca Raton

Posted By: Travis on September 20th, 2012
Visit Ovenella Pizza Boca Raton's Website

Previously Pizza Expert went to Ovenella during its first week opened in Boca Raton and pretty much disliked everything about it except for the scenery. Recently we were invited back and I got to try the pizza at Ovenella in Boca Raton for the first time.

First the scenery, when I first walked in I was delighted to see a modern look to Ovenella. Very clean looking with an inviting feel. There is a bar with plenty of space for grabbing a cocktail after work. I was there for lunch and was given the lunch menu. I went straight to the pizza and noticed for lunch they serve 8 inch pizzas.

I ordered the MOLINARI PEPPERONI Pizza. When I received my pizza I did like that it was an 8 inch because I was not too stuffed after eating the whole pizza. This obviously could be a problem for those that want to enjoy a bigger serving, since the price is quite high. The pizza was perfectly shaped, crust baked just how I like it, crispy, and can hold straight when lifted off the plate.

The pepperoni that Ovenella uses was small and looked deceiving, but it was tasty. There was just the right amount of cheese and that too tasted very good. By looking at the pizza it does look store bought mostly because it is just absolutely perfect in shape but it is baked in an open wood oven. The pizza maker must be a perfectionist.

Others in my group had the MARGHERITA and ARTICHOKE. Those two looked more inviting for the price and I was told very good. I noticed there is a very good liquor and wine selection for the after work people and the scenery again is very welcoming and pleasant. The waiting staff was very good and made sure you were given what you asked for.

I would give my pizza at Ovenella in Boca Raton a 4 of 8 slice ranking but the others in my group that had different pizza may give it a 5 of 8 slices and I would be fine with that.

499 S. Federal Hwy., Boca Raton, FL 33432

8 Responses to “Ovenella Pizza Boca Raton”

• Johnson wrote:

20 Sep 2012 at 9:54 am

Just moved to Boca and have been looking for pizza. We tried this place and were extremely disappointed. Do you have any suggestions for great pizza anywhere? I want great pizza not good pizza.

20 Sep 2012 at 9:55 am

Have you been to http://www.tuccispizza.com yet?

• Dr. Rosen wrote:

22 Sep 2012 at 7:35 am

Tucci is absolutely horrible. I ate there twice to be sure. It tasted like cardboard with ketchup on it. Disgusting.

22 Sep 2012 at 7:43 am

I have to respectfully disagree with you there Doc. Tucci’s is my go to place for quality pizza. I don’t think I have ever had a bad pie there.

• Vincent wrote:

24 Sep 2012 at 1:08 pm

I agree Doc Tucci’s is really overrated but they advertise so people have to be nice to them. Is the place to go for frozen dough though!

• Billie wrote:

25 Sep 2012 at 10:32 pm

I just moved to Deerfield Beach from San Francisco and my neighbor, who loves this website, told me to check it out. As far as I can tell the ‘Pizza Experts’ don’t get out of this area very much. I’ve tried Ovenella, Sicilian Oven and the most referred to: Tucci’s. All I can say is WTF. I tried Tucci’s last week and felt like I was sitting in a retro 90’s pizza cafeteria. Doesn’t anyone here know real pizza. The biggest chain in the area is Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, I wouldn’t even serve their pizza to homeless dogs. Where can I get a real pizza? Let me know!

• Matts Pizza wrote:

26 Sep 2012 at 5:57 am

You know, your experience and the experience of many others led to the thought of “worst pizza.com.” I like Ninos on Powerline and Palmetto, whole good for Boca it’s just average compared to NY. Pizza Time in east Boca is good as well. I don’t k ow Deerfield as much. Anthony’s I agree is dreck.

• Ira Goldstein wrote:

27 Sep 2012 at 8:09 am

Tucci’s is one of the best pizza places in Florida.