Slice of Olde Towne Pizza Gaithersburg, MD

2 8 slice rating

Posted By: Pizzaholic DC on March 24th, 2012
Visit Slice of Olde Towne Pizza Gaithersburg, MD's Website

Description

The problem with free opinion sites like Google Reviews is that friends of the owner can anonymously give glowing reviews when the food is horrible.  Many times you will encounter the same type of reviews on sites like Yelp and UrbanSpoon. Such is the case for the “Slice of Olde Towne” in Gaithersburg.  With reviews like “Best pizza of the town” out there around the web, I naturally made the assumption that it would be tasty even if its customers didn’t quite have a grasp of grammar.  One supposed customer even claimed that it was the best pizza in Montgomery County.  Clearly this guy gets his slices of pizza @ 7-11 and has never heard of  “Pizza CS”, “Mia’s”, or 98.3% of the other pizzerias in the county. Please do not judge our county by this pizza place.

 “Slice of Olde Towne” at its core is a cheap neighborhood pizza place with red and white checkered table cloths, TVs to watch soccer matches, and a bilingual staff who are very nice but not so skilled at the art of pizza making.  Despite advertising their slices, they didn’t have any available during my visit so I had to get a full 18 inch pie.

Although I won’t be returning, the locals seem happy to have an inexpensive pizza/pasta/subs/salad delivery option in their neighborhood. The sauce was cheap tasting in my opinion, and the cheese the same. The crust had little flavor to it.

I give Slice of Olde Towne 2 slices out of 8 based on it’s taste. I sure hope they improve their quality.

  • Phone
    301-330-9099

  • Address
    201 East Diamond Avenue Gaithersburg, MD 20877

8 Responses to “Slice of Olde Towne Pizza Gaithersburg, MD”

  • Matts Pizza wrote:

    26 Mar 2012 at 3:48 pm

    Sounds it sucks

  • Matts Pizza wrote:

    26 Mar 2012 at 3:48 pm

    Sounds it sucks

  • Dr. rosen wrote:

    26 Mar 2012 at 6:46 pm

    Looks like vomit

  • Pizza wrote:

    26 Apr 2012 at 10:01 am

    I’m not sure what you think makes you the judge of the best pizza, but I think that you are way off here and maybe never had a good New York style pizza before.  This place was really good and everyone I know that tried it agreed.  For you to make fun of the guy who works there shows you have no real character and your opinion has no value.

  • Mattspizza wrote:

    27 Apr 2012 at 12:50 am

    I bet you a $1 this comment was made by a SHILL for the restaurant.  I can vouch for this reviewer’s expertise!

  • Pizza wrote:

    27 Apr 2012 at 9:52 am

    Unfortunately you are wrong, I don’t know anyone at Slice of Olde Towne, just a frequent customer who lives in the neighborhood.  I will say I’m glad to see that he removed his rude remarks about the employee there.  Pretty inappropriate.

  • mattspizza wrote:

    27 Apr 2012 at 1:07 pm

    Well try a good place next time. Being lazy is no excuse to eat bad pizza.

  • Pizza wrote:

    27 Apr 2012 at 1:23 pm

    Wow, now I know why I’ve never bothered to post before on any sort of site, the only reason I did here was because the guy made rude comments for no reason, you must be a shill for Pizzaholic DC.  I’ve eaten at plenty of good pizza places all over the world so I think I have a good handle on what good pizza is, just because this guy had a bad experience doesn’t mean it’s a bad place. I’m certainly not lazy and Slice of Olde Towne has good pizza. Thank you though for reminding me why I’ve never posted comments before.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply