Carini’s Pizza Hallandale Beach

Posted By: Pizza Expert on February 15th, 2011
Visit Carini’s Pizza Hallandale Beach's Website

While driving back home from North Miami, I decided to take Federal Highway since it was rush hour. Along the path I finally spotted Carini’s Pizza. Carini’s Pizza in Hallandale Beach is a place I have wanted to try for years, but never make it down to this specific area often enough to try it. I walked in and immediately noticed how humongous these slices were. I ordered one slice, but realized it wasn’t the jumbo slice I had seen, that was a separate jumbo pizza, so make sure if you want the big slice, you ask for the right one.

Carini’s Pizza is one of those local places that I get emails about almost every couple of weeks. Supposedly, people equate it to Steve’s Pizza in Miami. When the slice came out, I was truly hoping it was similar to Steve’s Pizza, since that pizza is quite amazing.

Out of the oven, Carini’s slice was thin, crisp, and hot. It held up when lifted and you can tell they put a lot of care into their dough. It was like perfectly thin, and if you are a fan of this type of pizza you will love the crust here. If you aren’t a fan of an abundance of flour on the bottom of the crust, then you most likely will not like the crust here. The taste of the crust was pretty darn good as well.

The sauce at Carini’s while at first was good, it left a rather disappointing vinegary aftertaste in my opinion. It also was very acidic. So if you are prone to heartburn, I couldn’t insist you try this slice. When first biting into the slice the sauce is actually quite tasty, so maybe I just had an “off” pie that day. The cheese tasted pretty good but I would have liked to see a little bit more applied onto the slice. Next time I go to Carini’s Pizza in Hallandale Beach, I am going to get the jumbo slice and see how it holds up.

Carnini’s Pizza in Hallandale Beach gets 5 out of 8 slices.

Carini's Pizza & Pasta on Urbanspoon

814 North Federal Highway Hallandale, FL 33009-2411

9 Responses to “Carini’s Pizza Hallandale Beach”

• Bigstu wrote:

17 Feb 2011 at 1:09 pm

It’s a shame you didn’t go one block west to El Tamarindo’s Coal Fired pizza…
    Thin Crust El Grande Cheese and Alta Cucina Plum tomatoes. And possibly the best Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Pizza in Florida

• Bigatu wrote:

17 Feb 2011 at 1:11 pm

Meant to say 1 block east!

17 Feb 2011 at 1:37 pm

You are not the first person to mention this El Tamarindo to me! After eating at Carini’s I went there to try it out, but they didn’t have slices and I didn’t have time or the stomach for a pie. I cannot wait to go back there, it must be delicious

• Bigstu wrote:

18 Feb 2011 at 2:39 am

They usually do have slices but it is not a big by the slice place and sometimes you just have to wait.

• Pizza lover wrote:

25 Jul 2012 at 8:48 pm

Not only are they bad, they have poor service for delivery

• Peter wrote:

16 Mar 2013 at 2:30 pm

This is to advised about my horrible experience with your Carinis Location. I order the Slide of Pizza & Soda. Let’s beginning with the short Hispanic male. When I asked him to provide me with some condiments for my to go Pizza his suggestion was to get at the front table while in the meantime he only added some red pepper.
    Let’s begin with the blond cashier. I have dealt with her at one point in time in the past. The few times I saw her being rude & Condencending towards customer I was able to understand her as some customer was not cooperative. I just happened to mentioned to her about today’s lack of customer service today. She totally ignored me.
    I called few minutes after I left the premises and the blond girl again very rude attitude when I asked for the manager asked me why I needed a manager and then hang up.
    I called again and I the blond girl just gave the phone to this young male who questioned me about why I needed to speak to a manager and he advised me that the manager only gets on the phone depending on the issue. Since I refused to discuss my situation with an employee as they are not the manager. At time I got a bit agited about the young male answer I admitted I raised my voice and at that time he has the audacity to tell me that I was being rude.
    Customer Service Skill 101
    When a customer is requesting a manager AT ANY GIVEN time.
    1- The employee should ask him/her self what can I possibly do ? To avoid getting a manager involved by asking several normal questions.
    A- Is there anything wrong?
    B- May I help you attempt to resolved your issue.
    Lastly,If the customer persist speaking to a manager? The answer SHOULD ALWAYS be
    Let me see if I can get him for you REGARDLESS of the manager action at the moment. Unless dealing with another customer.
    Finally
    I enjoyed eating at your place when I first move around this neighborhood.
    However, based on today’s experience about lack of Customer Service starting from the Hispanic Cook,Rudenss from the White Blond Hair Young Lady & lack of Customer Service from the young male that I’m sure the girl passed on the phone to him.( I understand that possibly he was put in the middle of this issue),but if any employee’s that deals with Customer are not trained to deal with some customer,ackknowdling when a customer is given a complaint or for another employee to be put in the line of fire because another employee is not willing to deal with some customer. Let me tell you something they are in the WRONG INDUSTRY.
    As far as the MANAGER is concern if he is taking that type of actions of Customer Handling and telling their employees not to pass on the message depending on the Customer Issue.
    Let me tell you something as well. HE DEFINITELY the wrong Manager any LOCATION .

• Na wrote:

16 Mar 2013 at 2:38 pm

Customer Service Skill 101
    When a customer is requesting a manager AT ANY GIVEN time.
    A- Is there anything wrong?
    B- May I help you attempt to resolved your issue.
    Finally
    I enjoyed eating at your place when I first move around this neighborhood.

• Ellis Johnson wrote:

27 Apr 2014 at 3:00 pm

CARINI’S PIZZA IS PATHETIC ! THE ENTIRE ESTABLISHMENT IS ONE ENTIRE DISAPPOINTMENT..!
    1) DELIVERY = 1 HOUR
    2) THE PAID HELP ARE NON PROFESSIONAL
    3) PIZZA IS LIKE CHEWING GUM
    4) CARINI’S HAS MAJOR SANITATION VIOLATIONS ON HEALTH DEPT’S PUBLIC HEALTH INSPECTOR’S LIST
    ** EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK**

• shakia wrote:

12 May 2015 at 10:19 am

The food at Carinis is nasty. Poorly cooked and cold. I took one bite of so called barbecue wings and yuck tossed the food out.The service sucks very unprofessional. The cashier was discussing how to use s curl hair spray for better curls. When she should have been wearing a hair net or a ponytail. Or stand some place away from the food. Maybe some place like the entrance /exit. Makes a lot more sense to me. On top of that they are discriminating. And will not deliver to urban areas after hours. Which is racist in my opinion. When I bet that’s who orders from them the most keeping their nasty restaurant a float. They need someone to buy them out. And show them how to run a business. Or just have a bulldozer come run it down it’s dark,dirty and dingy looking inside. I can only imagine what the kitchen looks like.