WORSTPIZZA.COM RELEASES ITS TOP 10 PIZZA PARLORS OF 2010

Posted By: Pizza Expert on December 20th, 2010
Visit WORSTPIZZA.COM RELEASES ITS TOP 10 PIZZA PARLORS OF 2010's Website

Boca Raton – (December 20, 2010) – Where do you start when trying to find the best pizza in your local area? In the past year, “The Pizza Expert” ate his way through 25 states, tried his favorite recipes that included a Grandma and Upside Down pizza, and reviewed over 500 pizza restaurants, all in the search of finding the best pizza. This year, WorstPizza.com , the ultimate resource for pizza reviews and recipes, highlights their first top 10 list of pizza parlors in the U.S for 2010.

The list is compiled each year by “The Pizza Expert” and his team of professional pizza reviewers on WorstPizza.com . Contrary to the name Worst Pizza, the website critiques, entertains and gives thoughtful reviews of pizza and the restaurants that sell it. This year’s list ranges from little-known pizzeria’s in Mount Vernon, NY, to the kings of pizza in New Haven, CT, to cities that are world-renowned for their pizza’s like Brooklyn and Long Island, NY. Through his website, the top 10 list changes and gets updated each year based upon the preparation and ingredients used by the pizza makers.

“You can tell when restaurants use high-quality products like Grande Cheese with a little Pecorino, Caputo Flour and San Marzano Tomato Sauce,” said Craig, founder of WorstPizza.com. “It’s about quality in, quality out,” Craig further states.

Here is the Top 10 List of Best Pizza Restaurants in the US:
Pizzeria Bianco, Phoenix, AZ
Johnny’s Pizza, Mount Vernon, NY
Sally’s Apizza, New Haven, CT
Tacconelli’s Pizza, Philadelphia, PA
Great Lake Pizza, Chicago, IL
Lucali’s Pizza, Brooklyn, NY
L&B Spumoni Gardens, Brooklyn, NY
Buddy’s Pizza, Detroit, MI
Frank Pepe’s Pizza, New Haven, CT
Tucci’s Pizza, Boca Raton, FL

Established in 2006, WorstPizza.com is dedicated to finding the best pizza places by sifting through the worst. Unlike other pizza review sites that only look for good, we also expose those with poor quality. Worstpizza.com has appeared as an expert on pizza with CBS, FOX, NBC, Wine Library TV, as well as in Slice, Thrillist, Sun-Sentinel and Palm Beach Post. Worstpizza.com is owned and operated by The Pizza Experts LLC, who also brought the first www.pizzatweetup.com to the masses.

About the Pizza Expert
The Pizza Expert is known as “Lapp” and his goal is to travel the world in search of the best pizza. He shares what he finds when he’s had a slice on WorstPizza.com . Growing up in the New York Metro area, he learned what some of the best and worst pizza are like. Going beyond the “college dorm box pizza,” he looks for real, restaurant pizza with high standards of quality.

Thanks to Devin Desjarlais for the photo!

35 Responses to “WORSTPIZZA.COM RELEASES ITS TOP 10 PIZZA PARLORS OF 2010”

• Mike wrote:

21 Dec 2010 at 4:31 am

Wow!!! I have to try Johnny’s in Mt. Vernon and send all my friends. How did I miss that? I used to live there????

• Jay wrote:

21 Dec 2010 at 5:39 am

Nice addition of Tucci’s 😉

• Dahaudrn wrote:

21 Dec 2010 at 2:04 pm

You didn’t try the sicilian pizza at Augy’s in Boca Raton, Florida. I’ve lived here 50 years, and it’s the best!!

21 Dec 2010 at 2:07 pm

If course we have had Augy’s pizza in Boca Raton, and we eat there regularly! It just didn’t make the top ten list. When I do my best of Boca Raton it will surely be included!

21 Dec 2010 at 2:07 pm

I think Tucci’s tastes so good because I get to eat there with you sometimes Jay!

21 Dec 2010 at 2:08 pm

Mikey I felt the same way when I first went there, like how could I miss this tucked away placed for so many years!

• Sflasoftball wrote:

21 Dec 2010 at 3:53 pm

Don’t forget me I’m still here (Amato’s)

• Barry wrote:

21 Dec 2010 at 5:02 pm

Still haven’t seen the only pizzeria that can compare to Bianco, Pizzeria Oceano. The best in this area hands down. And the best ingredients I’ve had on a pizza.

21 Dec 2010 at 8:27 pm

Barry I went there, and it was truly exceptional! I will post the review soon, but it is safe to say in advance it is probably one of the top 3 pizza places in Florida!

21 Dec 2010 at 8:27 pm

We never try to forget you when we are in the area!

• Sflasoftball wrote:

22 Dec 2010 at 8:52 pm

We both know your in this area alot,or should I say the north side of Palmetto (lol)

• Guest wrote:

23 Dec 2010 at 1:15 am

Pepe’s Pizza in new Haven is T E R R I B L E!!! Don’t waste your money!!!!

• socuban wrote:

23 Dec 2010 at 1:59 am

Tucci’s huh? Now on my list to hit up, thanks.

• Gymswhirled wrote:

23 Dec 2010 at 3:33 pm

I am going to Johnny’s today for lunch. Johnny’s is about a mile from my house.

• Tara wrote:

23 Dec 2010 at 6:53 pm

Haven’t tried Tucci’s, but will have to check it out. My most recent favorite in Boca is Renzo’s – the pizza bianca with fresh mushrooms and bacon is amazing!!

• Elm City Pizza Eater wrote:

24 Dec 2010 at 11:36 am

You’re crazy. Pepe’s is the best. Sally’s and Modern are also good. So is Olde World Pizza in Hamden. New Haven is the pizza capital, hands down.

• Mark C wrote:

24 Dec 2010 at 3:31 pm

No Totonno’s or Grimaldi’s in NYC? Come on!

• John E. wrote:

24 Dec 2010 at 10:07 pm

I’ve been fortunate enough to eat at 4 of your top 10 this calendar year (Sally’s Apizza, Tacconelli’s Pizza, Great Lake Pizza, Frank Pepe’s Pizza). I was most impressed by Great Lake, but it’s terrific that wonderful pizza can be found in Chicago, Connecticut, New York, Philadelphia, etc. I found it amusing that you listed Sally’s ahead of Pepe when you specificallly stated in your review of Alan Richman’s piece that there’s no way Sally’s was better (I think Sally’s is better too, slow service notwithstanding).

24 Dec 2010 at 10:09 pm

After a second try I started to like Sally’s better!

Sent From iPhone

• luvemall wrote:

24 Dec 2010 at 11:46 pm

You are right on w/ Johnny’s, Pepe’s and Sally’s but can’t believe you don’t mention Colony in Stamford…

24 Dec 2010 at 11:53 pm

I probably would have been number 11!!!

Sent From iPhone

• luvemall wrote:

25 Dec 2010 at 12:00 am

Ok cool. Maybe next year they’ll make it. Great job on your list. Can tell you put your heart into it. Gonna try the one in Phoenix when I head out there for the Fiesta Bowl next week.

• luvemall wrote:

25 Dec 2010 at 12:01 am

you are nuts.

• Clifford wrote:

06 Jan 2011 at 4:16 am

Buddy’s in Detroit, the best buns EVER !! Great Square Pizza !!

• Joepro wrote:

09 Jan 2011 at 5:53 pm

Sally in New Haven, CT lost my vote after one day we went there and the guy making the pizza, had a running nose. He was whipping his nose with his fore-arm, and continued stretching the dough. I walk right out and never got to try the pizza and probably would not!

• Philaflava wrote:

12 Jan 2011 at 2:51 pm

Tacconelli’s is probably the only restaurant on the list where you have to reserve your pies early in the morning before they completely sell-out by noon time. And I’m talking about eating dinner there.

Tucci’s is a good call. Pretty much identical to Red Rock, which was also great. Their sauce is what separates them from the others.

Nino’s of West Boca, Pizza Time (Coral Springs) and Brooklyn Boys are all solid options but probably not Top 10 worthy.

Still NYC is missing terribly from that list. You could probably make a top 10 list just of pizza joints there. Joe’s on Bleeker is a favorite.

• Philaflava wrote:

12 Jan 2011 at 2:54 pm

Augy’s is borderline disgusting. I rank them slightly above Ellio’s pizza. Honestly that place is like CiCi’s Pizza. Mass produced, low grade cheese and greasy. There are 5 better pizza spots a stones throw away from that place.

• […] pizzas I have tasted in the country, and I certainly wish I had tried this before putting out my top ten pizza places in the country for 2010. If they keep up this incredible pizza, I am sure they will make it for 2011. YOU NEED TO GO AND […]

• Brad wrote:

02 Feb 2011 at 6:19 pm

Renzo’s on Yamato in West Boca a little pricey but delicious, and Stella’s on 441, great sauce and nice crispy crust

• Lex2lo wrote:

04 Feb 2011 at 3:54 pm

Have you guys tried thick and thin they are in west boca good thin ny style and my favorite Sicilian, haven’t tried tuccis but will give them a try

• tinroof wrote:

07 Feb 2011 at 8:30 pm

How could you leave Mozza in Los Angeles off your list? It clearly isn’t complete without Mozza somewhere in the top 10!

• […] been ranked as one of the top pizza places in the country, even Worstpizza included it once in its top ten. During my last visit to Detroit I decided to check out a different Buddy’s Pizza location […]

• Jon wrote:

19 Jan 2013 at 4:13 pm

Until you try Tacconelli’s.. You have no idea what good pizza is.. That is all

• Ron Celentano wrote:

20 Jan 2013 at 1:59 pm

Nothing better then Sally’s! Forget New York! New Haven is the home of the Pizza!

• […] of Brooklyn named Lucali as one of the 10 best pizzerias in the county. You can read about the list here. I haven’t been back up those ways for a while, so I wasn’t sure how the place was […]