review

Fratelli Di Bufala Pizza Miami Beach

After hearing from one of my trusted Italian confidants about Fratelli Di Bufala located towards the southern end South Beach, Miami, I went there with pure happiness for what my tastebuds were about to encounter.  I mean this Italian was pretty accurate on his Pizza Piola assesment, so why should I doubt him? After a […]

5 / 8
Slice Rating

Fratelli Di Bufala Pizza Miami Beach

Posted By: Pizza Expert
View site

After hearing from one of my trusted Italian confidants about Fratelli Di Bufala located towards the southern end South Beach, Miami, I went there with pure happiness for what my tastebuds were about to encounter.  I mean this Italian was pretty accurate on his Pizza Piola assesment, so why should I doubt him?

After a little while of waiting for a server to come to my table, I ordered a plain pie…like always.  Fratelli Di Bufala happens to be pretty chic inside, and it has an inviting patio along the side of the northern end of the building to enjoy a splendid Miami afternoon or evening while eating your pizza.

When my pie arrived, I was a bit horrified at how runny it appeared.  Just look at the photos above to see what I mean.  If I shifted this pie in the slightest way, the cheese and watery sauce quickly found themselves moving like a wave to one side.  I am well aware that buffalo mozz could be watery, but this was a bit excessive.  It appears that Fratelli Di Bufala cooks their pies at a temperature that is just too high for their pizza maker.  This is evident by how well done the crust is, and how undercooked the center was.

The pizza itself has potential.  The sauce was sweet, and pretty smooth.  The crust was extremely tasty, and crisp.  The cheese just didn’t taste right.  It was way too watery (I know I keep referring to it as watery, but there is no other way to put it) and because of that it had an overbearingly bland taste.

I guess Fratelli Di Bufala deserves another try, with one of their different pizza makers.  Perhaps I will go back the next time I am down in South Beach and see if there is a new Pizziola behind the counter.  If so, I hope the pizza I eat tastes a bit better then this pie did.

Just goes to show, that because someone is from Italy, and has a 5 o’clock shadow that appears like a full beard, doesn’t mean they always know good pizza.

Fratelli Di Bufala gets 5 out of 8 watery slices.

  • make an
    order
    (305) 532-0700

  • 437 Washington Avenue Miami Beach, FL 33139

Leave a Reply

  • *
  • *

11 Responses to “Fratelli Di Bufala Pizza Miami Beach”

  • Jenny wrote:
    11 Mar 2010 at 2:32 pm

    Damn. I was hoping this would be a glowing review. I have date night in Miami Beach tonight and was excited to have a dinner recommendation, haha.

  • lorenzo1980 wrote:
    29 Apr 2010 at 7:47 pm

    Hi Friend,
    My name is Lorenzo and I just moved here in Miami from Naples, Italy.
    I think you should study a little about Pizza, especially Neapolitan Style.
    Try to input “pizza napoletana” on Google picture and you will have pizza picture exactly as the one served at Fratelli La Bufala (Biggest pizza Chain in Italy, with over 100 Location). Neapolitan pizza has to be watery (Because of the Bufala mozzarella, Has to be soggy in the center (Because of the high temperature the wood brick oven needs to be) and the outside crust needs to be a little burned….
    Next time try Piola, which is closer to “American Pizza”
    No offense…
    Lorenzo

  • occhifurbi wrote:
    19 May 2010 at 1:20 am

    doesn't sound like you have a 5 o'clock shadow or have EVER eaten pizza in Italy……why do you think traditional neapolitan style pizza is made with a thick crust? cuz the formaggio becomes so runny!! i've dined at this joint in Milan plenty of times and it was just as delicious in South Beach….your pie is actually picture perfect!!! if you want something less “runny” try the Manochina or the Ripiena, which is a classic calzone. Buon Appetito!

    ps. if you're trying to make pizza at home with bufala mozzarella, try cutting it up and putting it on a paper towel to soak up extra moisture for about 30 min before putting on the pizza!

  • occhifurbi wrote:
    19 May 2010 at 1:23 am

    O and it's 'Fratelli LA Bufala' not 'Di Bufala'……

  • Daniel wrote:
    30 May 2010 at 8:00 pm

    Incredible comment… get yourself to pizza hut and get your original american pizza there or get a frozen one if you cannot enjoy an original italian one… the pizza has to be baked at high temperatures to get the correctly described characteristics!!!!

  • Pasquale Amitrano wrote:
    02 Oct 2010 at 2:43 pm

    I don’t know where you get your expertise from but you OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW what you are talking about. I AM from NAPOLI where PIZZA WAS BORN. Fratelli la Bufala is hands down the ONLY place in town to get a pizza anywhere close to what it is supposed to be. You may know American pizza but the real deal is like the one above. Suggestion: Take a trip to Naples and then you’ll know how to give others advice around here. Until then, you can rate a Cheeseburger.

  • Is Easy wrote:
    07 Mar 2011 at 3:02 am

    I had their Calzone and it was one of the best I have eaten anywhere (including Italy.) The salad was also delicious.

  • Dobbsbeary wrote:
    22 Jul 2011 at 1:26 am

    are you kidding , then what do you know about real Pizza

  • Grace Della wrote:
    18 Dec 2011 at 8:49 am

    By far the best Pizza in South Beach and probably in this country. The person reviewing Fratelli LA Bufala here has no idea what a good pizza is. I was at Fratelli LA Bufala last week with a friend (I LOVE pizza), and we were both shocked to finally find a good place to have a expertly excecuted pizza with fresh quality ingredients. Just because your domain name is worst pizza, don’t feel the need to trash stuff!

  • Mlinchik wrote:
    30 May 2012 at 8:55 am

    If you ever make a trip to Naples and try the REAL Mozarella di Bufala, not the one you get here in plastic bags, which tastes like rubber, you will immediately realize, that the cheese is very very juicy! you will also notice, that the best pizzas in town (Naples) are runny and watery as you say, because of the extreme juice of the cheese. it should never be crispy. if you want crispy, get some crackers and put a slice of cheese and tomatoes on top. sorry, but  I just have hard time reading reviews from “experts”, who  have no experience. In comparison, Fratelli La Bufala is by far not the best place in Napoli, but surely is the best place around here!!!

  • Isabella wrote:
    09 Apr 2014 at 10:09 am

    I gotta laugh. This is Italian pizza. Have you not seen eat pray and love? This is true Neapolitan pizza, and people in Italy will laugh at you for such a ridiculously ignorance on pizza.

RECEIVE PIZZA REVIEWS