Mauro Pizza Hollywood Florida Best Pizza

Posted By: mallory on July 10th, 2009
Visit Mauro Pizza Hollywood Florida Best Pizza's Website

mauro.jpgMauro’s Pizza-By-The-Slice in Hollywood, Florida is located on 1904 Hollywood Blvd. It’s really simple why I love this slice of pizza: Cheap, greasy, huge delicious slices right next door to my favorite bar in Hollywood.  Mauro is great because it knows exactly what it is. It’s a hole-in-the-wall, cash-only joint with outside-only seating that caters to the locals who’ve been out for a night of drinking and need some grease to line their stomachs to prevent an impending hangover.

There’s nothing fancy about it. No gourmet Italian cheese. No fancy charred crust. Just a nice marriage of the right amount of sauce, a nice fluffy crust and plenty of foldability. If there’s a negative about Mauro, it might be an excess of grease. But after a few craft beers at PRL next door, I say bring it on.

For $2.50 you get a hot cheese slice that needs two paper plates to hold its weight. For around $14 you get a humongous pie so wide you can barely fit it through a standard door frame. Take it to go and sit right outside at their few patio tables (if there are any left) or hang on to the slice and eat it on a bench down the block. I brought a Florida friend originally from New Jersey to Mauro recently and she said it was the closest pie she’d had to the New England stuff since she’s lived here. I thought that said a lot. 5/8 slices.

954.929.4001

1904 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33020

11 Responses to “Mauro Pizza Hollywood Florida Best Pizza”

• mattspizza wrote:

10 Jul 2009 at 8:04 am

New England? Besides Pepes and Salle whats going on in New England?

• thechowfather wrote:

10 Jul 2009 at 4:56 pm

Mauro's is on my short list of very good NY Style Pizza in South Florida. I would recommend trying Jo-Jo's on Sheridan St near Oakwood (daytime for safety reasons)

• malcolli wrote:

10 Jul 2009 at 9:14 pm

@mattspizza I grouped New York in the New England category. That's sorta what I meant by that. :)

• Sal wrote:

05 Sep 2009 at 4:23 pm

Mauro's is DA BOMB….Montana-sized slices. It's too bad you never got an opportunity to try Angelo's on Dania Beach Blvd…that to me was heaven…they really perfected a thin-crust slice

• Sal wrote:

05 Sep 2009 at 11:23 pm

• tonypizzi wrote:

02 Mar 2010 at 1:33 am

Simply great pizza…the people that work there look a little strange, but the pizza is worth it.

• Cvecara wrote:

30 May 2010 at 8:39 pm

This one sounds ok

• Bigstu wrote:

29 Jul 2010 at 1:17 am

NY pizza not even close… oversized slices with mountains of cheese. Granted it wasn't 2am and I wasn't drunk but the ok cheese was overwhelming. couldn't taste the sauce the slice didn't hold it's own weight. the cheese was starting to slide off the pie and the oven needed to be swept from all the burnt flour.

• Avanncpa wrote:

26 Jun 2011 at 7:01 pm

Best pizza on the planet

• […] Worst Pizza […]

• Ellen Cohan Young wrote:

20 Apr 2013 at 12:10 pm

If you’re in Margate area, or Pompano beach, try Zuccarelli’s pizza. I’m formerly from NJ, and their pizza ROCKS! Reminds me of home.