Giovanni’s Coal Fire Pizza Parkland

Posted By: Pizza Expert on June 28th, 2009
Visit Giovanni’s Coal Fire Pizza Parkland's Website

giovannis.jpgcoalpizza.jpgGiovanni’s Pizza in Parkland shows that they are award winning pizza on the menu. My experience there makes me wonder why the place was so crowded. Originally I thought to go there and try it (even though everyone I knew told me to stay away) in hopes of using it for a PizzaTweetup, since they have plenty of space there.

cottobene.jpgFrom what I gather COTTO BENE means cooked well done. This pizza was barely cooked at all. As you can see from the photos, the crust was raw, and the cheese wasn’t even fully melted. I was actually kind of shocked at how little they cared about the food they served to me. Any pizza maker who was paying attention would have seen that this pizza was far from cooked well done.

Now onto the service. When I first sat down the place was almost empty. It did however fill up fast. Even during the empty time, I couldn’t manage to get my waitresses attention and get a refill on my drink. I even tried to make eye contact with some of the other staff to see if I could get them to come by, but they were too busy talking to each other by the counter.

Giovanni’s is a place I can safely say I will not be going back to. Anyone who goes there and thinks their pizza is amazing, has obviously not tried some of the other “coal style” pizza places in the nearby vicinity. It is a shame to see a place like this, go into such a beautiful shopping plaza, and spend a ton on their interior appearance, only to serve lousy food. One of the positive things I could say about this place, is that their price is right. It isn’t like they are charging exorbitant prices for the low quality food they are serving. It is kind of shocking to me that a fellow reviewer and pizza enthusiast Jeff Eats, would consider this some of the best Coal Pizza down in Florida. He actually rated it as number 6! Usually we agree on most places, but I find his review of this place extremely off.

Giovanni’s Pizza gets 2 out of 8 undercooked slices.

7625 N State Road 7 Parkland, FL 33073-3524

7 Responses to “Giovanni’s Coal Fire Pizza Parkland”

• mattspizza wrote:

27 Jun 2009 at 6:57 am

I find that the people that like it, like the price. And the coupons.

• Dr. Rosen wrote:

09 Jul 2009 at 8:39 am

Their pizza and the attitude there absolutely sucks. Their product is even worse than Dominos. They will surely be out of business. They are arrogant, disrespectful, and couldn't care less about pleasing the customer. this place should be rebuked by anyone unless they want to eat garbage.

• raiderhenry wrote:

26 Jul 2009 at 4:11 pm

You people are silly I had it many times and it was great they already opened another one and it is crowded also.

My Experience was great food service and a lot of good looking people around the bar having fun.

You people are the first I have heard of that do not love it.

Sorry but it was good.
    I wish they delivered!!

Henry

26 Jul 2009 at 4:17 pm

There is no disputing the evidence Henry. Just look at those photos I took, the pizza was disgusting and totally undercooked. You are not the first person to love this place, and I am sure there must be something good to it, since so many love it. But during my journey there, it was awful. Once again just look at the photos, you cannot make this stuff up.

• raiderhenry wrote:

26 Jul 2009 at 11:11 pm

You people are the first I have heard of that do not love it.

Sorry but it was good.
    I wish they delivered!!

Henry

26 Jul 2009 at 11:17 pm

• lelind wrote:

06 Feb 2010 at 5:29 am

I have had the food there many times and LOVED it! The eggplant and the salad is also very very good! I thought it was much better than Anthony's.