review

Dan’s Midnight Pizza Orlando

Upon the suggestion of Big Jim at BarCamp Orlando, we went to Dan’s Midnight Pizza in Downtown Orlando near Wall Street Plaza.  This will be the first and last time I listen to Big Jim!  Dan’s Sandwich Shoppes (midnight pizza) is located on 28 S. Orlando Ave in Downtown Orlando. 407.425.8881.  This place is not […]

1 / 8
Slice Rating

Dan’s Midnight Pizza Orlando

Posted By: Pizza Expert
View site

midnightpizza.jpgUpon the suggestion of Big Jim at BarCamp Orlando, we went to Dan’s Midnight Pizza in Downtown Orlando near Wall Street Plaza.  This will be the first and last time I listen to Big Jim!  Dan’s Sandwich Shoppes (midnight pizza) is located on 28 S. Orlando Ave in Downtown Orlando. 407.425.8881.  This place is not a place I will try again.

Big Jim mentioned this place was a favorite of night owls who get hungry after being in clubs all night.  He did inform me that this pizza was very cheesy.  When I got to the counter it looked disgustingly cheesy, but figured I would take the risk, instead of having my readers find out for themselves one day.  The guy at the counter barely spoke English, and everytime I said something he yelled at the other guy (I think Arabic) and they both looked and laughed at me, like I was the idiot for speaking English and asking questions.

After getting my pizza and sitting down, I couldn’t believe how awful it was.  The cheese fell out everywhere, and the crust was so soggy and weighted down from the excessive bad tasting cheese they use that I could barely pick it up, even folded.  When I lifted up the cheese, I looked at what little sauce they used and it looked gross.  Ended up wiping it all off with a napkin.

Anyways, I didn’t end up finishing my two slices.  Wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone, even if they are drunk and about to pass out.  Gino’s Pizza is right down the block and it is delicious!  That is where you should go.

Dan’s Midnight Pizza gets 1 out of 8 slices.

• make an
    order

• 28 S Orange Ave, Orlando

• *
  • *

12 Responses to “Dan’s Midnight Pizza Orlando”

• Les Singleton wrote:
    15 May 2009 at 7:37 am

You should come to England for a really GREAT pizza;
    …and the coffee (Italian, of course) is just awesome!

• nickpettit wrote:
    15 May 2009 at 8:09 am

LOL!

• JvL wrote:
    21 May 2009 at 9:48 am

Quit crying, you probably got a bad batch since their pizza is usually awesome. They probably laughed at you because of your snobby demeanor.

I've eaten at a *LOT* of pizza places and anyone who is a fan of sauce and bread you can actually taste and lots of cheese would love it. I admit it is oily but that's to be expected unless you're used to super processed cheese.

• yuhhuh wrote:
    26 May 2009 at 10:59 am

“like I was the idiot for speaking English and asking questions.”

You were. Their pizza is great, that's why so many people go there.

• lordley hlophe wrote:
    27 May 2009 at 7:55 am

im looking for a job.your company looks like a nice company to work for pls will you reply

27 May 2009 at 8:20 am

a job with worstpizza or with dan's?

• jimsock wrote:
    20 Jun 2009 at 8:06 am

This pizza looks good, but I figure that after you eat one slice you wouldn't want anymore because of all that cheese. Why would they do that? I have a friend that always orders extra cheese on his pizzas – then you get so much cheese that it pretty much destroys the pie. I guess some people like it that way. Not me.

• jimsock wrote:
    20 Jun 2009 at 3:06 pm

• guest wrote:
    06 May 2012 at 6:39 pm

Gino’s is for amateurs and tourists.  Midnight Pizza is where it’s at.

• Kingjamesl wrote:
    25 Jul 2012 at 3:52 pm

Haha..this guy is retarded. It is so obvious that you’re bias towards gino’s if you didn’t exaggerate your claims about midnight pizza we would probably assume its just a bad batch or your preference but I eat at both places almost 3 times a week and to be perfectly honest they are neck to neck but I go to midnight more because they are more consistent and 1.25 cheaper. What a liar

• nick wrote:
    18 Sep 2012 at 8:40 am

midnite pizza has the best ingredients of all the pizzas downtown orlando. the pizza sauce is the key and midnite’s is by far the best. you obviously work for gino’s or something because if you are in the right mind you would never judge midnite pizza. by the way that picture does not look like the pizza from dan’s midnite pizza.

18 Sep 2012 at 8:43 am

I live in south Florida and have no affiliation with Gino’s. That photo is 100% Dan’s.
    Sent From iPhone