review

Best Coal Oven Pizza Boca Raton = Tucci’s

I have gone time and time again to Tucci’s just to try to find a fault, and I just cannot.  Maybe the green shirt the owner wears could be nicer, but outside of that, the pizza has consistently managed to impress me.  Therefore I am making the statement that Tucci’s Pizza in Boca Raton, has […]

7 / 8
Slice Rating

Best Coal Oven Pizza Boca Raton = Tucci’s

Posted By: Pizza Expert
View site

tuccisoven.jpgtucci.jpgI have gone time and time again to Tucci’s just to try to find a fault, and I just cannot.  Maybe the green shirt the owner wears could be nicer, but outside of that, the pizza has consistently managed to impress me.  Therefore I am making the statement that Tucci’s Pizza in Boca Raton, has the best coal oven pizza I have had in this city.

Tuccis is hidden on 50 NE 1st ave in Boca Raton.  www.tuccispizza.com.  The site is still under a redesign though.

Now I know many of you will say I am biased, since I have become friendly with Alberto, the owner.  Others might think I am saying this, just because he was nice enough to let us have our PizzaTweetup there. Yes, it might be biased to make this claim of them having the best coal/wood oven pizza based upon friendship and the like, but for anyone who has any doubts, go and try for yourself and tell me if you can find fault.  Even the other day when I went there for lunch, and had a pie that wasn’t as splendid as my previous visits, it still blew away the local competition.

With Tucci’s I have noticed it isn’t about the fluff.  They aren’t trying to put you in an environment that makes ridiculous claims that their pizza is served well done, nor are they trying to be the chic pizza place for Boca Raton.  They are just using the finest ingredients, with some of the finest pizza makers, in an amazing oven.  Just look at the counter they use to make their pizza on, and you will see they keep it spotless.

It will thrill me when I see Tucci’s is busy enough that there is a long wait to get in.  This way I know the place has become successful as it deserves.  It will also deeply sadden me that one of the best kept pizza secrets, will become mainstream.  But with pizza made and served the way Tucci’s Pizza in Boca Raton does, it is inevitable that the word will get out.  Maybe I can still have some pull to get a seat after they read this article!

Tucci’s once again gets 7 out of 8 slices!
Tucci's Fire n' Coal Pizza on Urbanspoon

• make an
    order

• 50 NE 1st Ave Boca Raton, FL 33432

• *
  • *

27 Responses to “Best Coal Oven Pizza Boca Raton = Tucci’s”

• Dr. Rosen wrote:
    27 May 2009 at 3:14 pm

Looks good but EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

• Alfred wrote:
    28 May 2009 at 12:24 am

Which is better; Tucci's or Carolina's in Delray?

28 May 2009 at 6:17 am

Tucci's is better. Carolinas was good the first time I ate there. Their cheese (fresh mozz) is put on too thick and when it cools down (which it does super fast) it becomes rubbery and kind of gross. Only eat when hot at carolinas

• Jim wrote:
    11 Jun 2009 at 8:51 am

Going here tomorrow. Shall I get a large cheese or the margherita pizza?

11 Jun 2009 at 8:55 am

Tell the owner Alberto you are friends of ours!

• Jim wrote:
    11 Jun 2009 at 9:15 am

Will do

Any comment on the type of pizza?

11 Jun 2009 at 9:17 am

I just get em plain! but I hear the meatball ricotta cheese is great!

• Jim wrote:
    12 Jun 2009 at 5:54 pm

Excellent pizza. I enjoyed the copious amounts of sauce on top of the pizza. I opted for the margherita and was very satisfied. 7.5/8.

12 Jun 2009 at 6:13 pm

So happy you tried and enjoyed it! Will have to take you for the special pizza at Ninos!

• david wrote:
    08 Jul 2009 at 7:47 pm

We just got back from dining @ Tucci's and let me tell you – IT ROCKED! Tried the pizza (done to perfection) and the Italian Salad, don't think you can get a better tasting salad this side of Sicily. The service was quick and friendly and even got to chat a bit with the owner – Alberto. Can't wait to go back to try the chicken wings!

• jimsock wrote:
    13 Jul 2009 at 5:46 am

It might have been good if they took it out of the oven about 5 minutes sooner.

• Alberto wrote:
    16 Jul 2009 at 8:11 am

Thanks David

• Alberto wrote:
    16 Jul 2009 at 8:18 am

Sorry jimsock some times it happen. Can we make it again for you?

• jimsock wrote:
    16 Jul 2009 at 12:53 pm

What?! You take the pizza out of the oven. You SEE it is overcooked.
    So what do you do? You give it to the customer? WRONG!
    Hell no you can't make it again for me. You're out of your mind if that's the way you run your business.

• Alberto wrote:
    17 Jul 2009 at 8:53 am

Some people like Pizza well done,crispy as YOU call it overcooked.
    Sorry have a great day!

• davidkinder wrote:
    17 Jul 2009 at 9:41 am

uhhh……I LOVE my pizza on the well done side. I had a pie from Tucci's and it came out very crisy, just the way I like it. Great Job Alberto and staff!

• jimsock wrote:
    17 Jul 2009 at 9:58 am

Oh B.S.! What a lame attempt to hide from the fact that you don't make pizza that's worth a shi*.
    Besides, most people don't want overcooked pizza – shouldn't that equate to you cooking the pizza just enough for the majority of customers, at which point customers that wish for their pizza to be OVERcooked could then ask for it? Of course it should. You can always cook the pizza more, you can't take it out of the oven and cook it less.
    Anyone can come back on here and post some stupid statements that cover up legitimate observations of their flaws.
    You BURN the pizza. Gee, gret…you've pleased 1 out of 10 customers, at best. Way to go.

17 Jul 2009 at 10:01 am

Safe to say you really have no idea what you are saying, and I am even doubting you ate there. This pizza is extrodinary!

• Marjorie wrote:
    01 Oct 2009 at 9:19 am

Ate here last night. Was definitely the best pizza I have ever eaten!! Had the Italian salad and the Meatball & Ricotta pizza. I was full after eating 2 slices, but wanted to eat more because it tasted so good! Con: ruined ANY other pizza place for me. Didn't realize how bad some of the pizza I was eating really was until I had Tucci's as a comparison!

• alberto wrote:
    12 Oct 2009 at 10:03 pm

Thank you very much!

• alberto wrote:
    13 Oct 2009 at 5:03 am

Thank you very much!

• daddyarthur wrote:
    05 Feb 2010 at 11:33 pm

We are from Fort Wayne, Indiana and have had the opportunity to enjoy Tucci's pizza during our visit. We tried 4 others during our visit and Tucci's was by far the best!

Keep making it!

• Aosta77 wrote:
    11 Nov 2010 at 8:44 pm

you do not have to be a douchebag, you must be a new york jew.

• Dr. Rosen wrote:
    29 Oct 2011 at 1:13 am

I think their pizza absolutely sucks. I’ve had it twice including 2 days ago.  The sauce tastes like catsup and there isn’t enough of it. The crust is doughy. Absolutely terrible pizza. I don’t know what you people are tasting but this is some of the worst pizza I have had in FL.

• Chunk Diesel wrote:
    02 Nov 2011 at 10:42 am

You sound a little bitter… it’s just pizza dude, if you don’t like it don’t go back, but at least don’t act like you’re 10 years old.

• Chunk Diesel wrote:
    02 Nov 2011 at 10:43 am

lol, i’m doubting he ate there also, probably a competitor on the other side of town bitter about losing business…

• Ed Teach wrote:
    06 Feb 2013 at 8:35 pm

Pizza is not bad but nowhere as good as its predessor Red Rock. What this place needs to focus on is good old fashion customer service/appreciation, which is where they serverly lacking Had an issue here one night and the waitress did nothing to help resolve, so I asked to see the manager, got the obligatory eye roll and brat Boca attitude, It took the manager a good 20 minutes to come out. This little guy had a worse attitude than the waitress and had no interest to hear about any issue, told me he did not “need out business”, Amd asked me to ” look at the crowd” i replied congratulations you filled all 25 seats. I was quite embassaed since I was taking a good friend of mine out and was really talking up the place for a week before we went. The people at the table next to us, after hearing the dialog, actually started on the manager about his attitude and remarks, and he just ran back into the restaurant rather than to face the music. We, and the other party gave the place the sign of the cross and vowed never to come back. Nick’s New Haven style pizza off Glades is better, and the appreciate the business, so they get my money. Boca is littered with decent pizza, so I don’t know what makes this place think they are so special, where they can treat people like that.

RECEIVE PIZZA REVIEWS