Kitchenetta Best Pizza Florida

Posted By: Pizza Expert on April 7th, 2009
Visit Kitchenetta Best Pizza Florida's Website

Kitchenetta Pizza

If you haven’t been to Kitchenetta in Fort Lauderdale, you are missing the best pizza I might have ever had in South Florida. Kitchenetta is located on 2850 N. Federal Hwy in Fort Lauderdale. Years ago, my wife and I were driving through Fort Lauderdale, and we noticed this place on the east side of Federal Highway that looked kind of cute. Each time we passed it, we said ‘oh, we should try that one day”. That expression must have been used about 6-7 times before we stopped in one day to actually try it.

Once we finally did stop in to try it, I couldn’t believe how I ever did without it. The pizza was nothing less than incredible. That is right…the expert who looks for flaws thought this Italian Restaurant in Florida made some of the best pizza he has ever had. Even though kitchenetta, was extremely overpriced for many other things, including $3.00 for a can of soda. That is right, you heard me, they actually have the audacity to charge $3.00 for a can. A can that probably costs $0.25. Management should really do something about this!

Anyways, until I create worstpricesforsoda.com, we will just focus on the pizza. And what a great topic to focus on here. Let’s start with the oven. Look at this beauty of an oven Kitchenetta has installed. It is a Brick oven that burns White Oak. This is almost identical to the ones you would find in Naples, Italy. No gases used.

img_0867img_0866

The owner of the place explained to me that they only use Caputo Flour 00 for the dough, which adds to its amazing taste. You cannot help but bite into this dough and taste the quality. The Whole Milk Mozzarella cheese is home made daily which adds to the fresh taste. For their sauce they only use San Marzano tomatoes. Without even having the conversation with the owner, I could have basically guessed that they were using such fine, expensive ingredients in their pizza.

Before you are served the pizza, they give you this delightful pizza bread to snack on. Make sure you try this when you are there. Do not pass it up.

img_0869img_0870

The pizza to the right is their Lobster pizza, which Greg had, and didn’t really care for. He thought it was way too salty and that the lobster was tiny for the $18.00 price he was charged. But since I didn’t try it, nor would I ever try pizza with lobster, I cannot really say if he is right or wrong. He did however, agree on the regular pie I had, so maybe his tastebuds were accurate about his pizza too. I cannot say I was pleased with parts of the crust being overally charred, but it didn’t make a difference to the taste.

It has been without fail, that the dozens of friends I have recommended to this place, have quickly decided that it was their favorite. I won’t even get into how awesome their regular Italian Dishes are as well.

This could be the first perfect slice rating I have given to any place so far in South Florida. Kitchenetta gets 8 out of 8 slices, which equals perfection. Just remember, when it comes to their beverage pricing, this place is far from perfection. If the pizza wasn’t so amazing, I could never justify going back.

And guys……what the heck is up with your website! You need to have me redesign it!!

2850 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306-1426

19 Responses to “Kitchenetta Best Pizza Florida”

• The Donz wrote:

08 Apr 2009 at 7:19 am

Going to try it! 😀

• Dr. Rosen wrote:

08 Apr 2009 at 11:35 pm

me too!

• Tanner wrote:

22 Apr 2009 at 12:19 pm

It's 'Audacity' nor 'ordacity'. Good review otherwise. I've eaten here a few times and I could not agree more with you assessment of their pizza, absolutely fantastic.

• Alejandro wrote:

27 Apr 2009 at 7:56 pm

After reading this review I decided to give them a try. We went there on a sunday evening the joint was packed. The Pizza was phenomenal ! The best I've had here in Florida. I was extremely impressed and highly recommend it if you are willing to stretch your pocket.

• ItailaJoe wrote:

01 May 2009 at 8:37 pm

Wow!!!!!!!!!!

The pizza is really the best- 8 out of 8! We had the pizza, pasta, and dessert, and wow! All 3 were great. I highly recommend this place if your in the mood for pizza or Italian!

• Jim wrote:

29 May 2009 at 8:51 am

A very elegant tasting sauce with great mozzarella.

The only downside would be a bit charred taste on the crust.

7/8 pizzas

29 May 2009 at 8:52 am

Lets not forget the major downside of pricing on drinks!

• ItaliaJoe wrote:

30 May 2009 at 9:07 am

Ok after revisiting the place, I have to downgrade the pizza to a 7 out of an 8. The only reason is that the pizza is 2 small for 2 people. The slices don't feel like your eating a pizza. If they can make a 14 or 16″ pie they would be golden. But their speciality are the dishes, and they really want people drinking wine with their food, Italian traditions. Soda is more for kids in places like that.

• Jim wrote:

30 May 2009 at 12:10 pm

I agree. I had to order one pie just for myself.

30 May 2009 at 12:12 pm

Even a 7 out of 8 is still good. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't have given it the 8 since I am so pissed about the prices of the soda! But I couldn't let that bias my taste! The pies are definitely not meant for 2!

30 May 2009 at 12:13 pm

I do not mind paying a hefty price for a quality pizza like this, even if it is only for one. The prices of the drinks are monopolistic and should be looked into by the government hahahaa

• Jim wrote:

30 May 2009 at 12:57 pm

ItaliaJoe is right – only children order soda. :)

30 May 2009 at 1:03 pm

Well then $3.00 for a can of coke for a kid is like robbery too!

• Jim wrote:

30 May 2009 at 2:26 pm

valid point

• Patches O'Houlihan wrote:

15 Jun 2009 at 9:12 am

You should not let your children drink soda anyway, it is poison and is extremely bad for their health and development.

• Dr. Rosen wrote:

25 Aug 2009 at 10:40 am

The attitude of the bitch who runs this place is unbelievably. It is the most unaccommodating restaurant I have ever been to. They refused to just leave the cheese off when I told them I was a vegan. My partner got a pizza which looked like vomit to me. The acoustics are horrible; it is so loud in there. A little tossed salad was $16. There is no self parking. They will not make any changes to an item and they have a real $hit typical South Florida arrogant attitude in there. It was the worse dining experience I ever had. Kitchenetta sucks! They should be at the bottom of anyone's list.

• Dr. Rosen wrote:

25 Aug 2009 at 5:40 pm

• davetermanator wrote:

17 Jan 2010 at 12:16 am

Wasn't as good as expected. Pizza was kind of bland.
    Ordered it with sausages, but still needed “something”. Sauce could have been spicier. Service, on the other hand was excellent. It's as if I went to a different place than the reviewer! I will give it a 6 out of 8 slices.

• EyeForget wrote:

12 Apr 2011 at 4:18 pm

Awful lot of whining and you say it’s the best???