Big Louie’s Pizza Closed Boca Location

Posted By: Pizza Expert on April 5th, 2009
Visit Big Louie’s Pizza Closed Boca Location's Website

Big Louie's Pizza After what seems like a pretty decent run for Big Louie’s Pizza in Boca Raton, they finally shut the doors.  This doesn’t really come as a surprise considering the location they were in.  Big Louie’s was located in one of the most hideous shopping centers in Boca Raton, next to the 7-eleven, and right near the head shop.  During the few occasions I ate there, prior to having this site, I never found Big Louie’s to be a place I craved.  The dough was airy, and the cheese and sauce did not taste like they were made out the finest ingredients.  They were more like a Papa John’s Pizza place where you can sit down and eat.  During my last visit there, many years ago, I had ants on the table and that is when I decided Big Louie’s was not for me.

While the Boca Raton location has closed, you can still eat at Big Louie’s Pizza at their other locations, if you cannot find anything better around your area.

7 Responses to “Big Louie’s Pizza Closed Boca Location”

• skip wrote:

19 Apr 2009 at 1:56 pm

enough of the complaining – where do you suggest?

19 Apr 2009 at 2:56 pm

Nearby? Anna vincenzos is decent by the slice. I also really like tucci's

• JP wrote:

19 Apr 2009 at 3:30 pm

It is so funny that you posted this. We were SO glad to see Big Louie's close their doors. We ordered pizza for delivery one time and it was okay…not great. It was just very close to our house. We decided to give it a second shot. We stopped in one afternoon to pick up some sandwiches, and neither one of us could eat them after what we saw. The girl working the register was handling money, and also making the pizzas. This may not seem like a huge deal, but not ONCE did she wash her hands. She went immediately from the register to stretching dough. I can't believe they stayed open as long as they did. They also had horrible ingredients.

Another suggestion in this area is Tomasso's. It isn't the BEST pizza, but it is always consistent and tasty. We order from there often.

• skip wrote:

19 Apr 2009 at 8:56 pm

enough of the complaining – where do you suggest?

19 Apr 2009 at 9:56 pm

Nearby? Anna vincenzos is decent by the slice. I also really like tucci's

• JP wrote:

19 Apr 2009 at 10:30 pm

• EJSTAHL1 wrote:

05 Jul 2012 at 11:17 am

BEST PIZZA IN WEST BOCA DEFINITELY IS THICK AND THIN  RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO WESTERN BEEF.