NYPD II Pizza Lake Worth Florida

Posted By: pete on February 2nd, 2009
Visit NYPD II Pizza Lake Worth Florida's Website

nypd-2-sicilianNYPD Pizza II is located on Jog Road and Lantana in Lake Worth (561) 868-0500. I once again bought pizza for the family this Friday evening, and tried NYPD II which is located right near the gym I go to. I ordered one regular pie and one Sicilian. I feel you always got to try both to see what a pizza place really specializes in.

For the atmosphere it really does seem like a place you can find in N.Y. Now for the pizza….The Sicilian: when I first opened the box and looked at it I was a little hesitant to try a slice. I thought ohhh look, some more Ellios pizza from a pizzeria in Florida. There must of been 6 of those little white table things in there as you maybe can see in the photo. Usually these are placed on pizza to avoid having the top of the pie make contact with the box while traveling.  Some were sunk in the dough so much that they served little or no purpose in helping keep the pie from touching the cardboard.  Do these things really matter?  One way or the other they mess up your pie!  Did I really need 6+ of them in this instance?  As for the taste, the cheese sauce distribution was pretty good.  It not too overwhelming an amount of either. The  crust was crispy, not soft or undercooked, but when you took a bite there was something missing. Its hard to explain but when you took a bite it was like you were biting into air. The dough was missing its punch. Its very hard to put into words, just it was airy seems like the best way to portray it. The sauce tasted good though and the cheese was melted nicely. The real issue is just with the dough, and lack of taste.

I give their Sicilian slice 2 out of 8 slices. If the dough was there when you took a bite it can easily be 4 or 5 out of 8.

nypd-2-regularFor the regular: what i can say this was pretty good! The crust was crispy and cooked just enough. The sauce:cheese distribution was just right as it was in the Sicilian. Nothing too overwhelming of either on the slice. You tasted just enough of everything with every bite. Not where you got sauce or cheese squirting out the side. This pizza reminded me of a place that used to be located near my house in Staten Island, and tasted almost the same. There is almost nothing I can say that is bad about this regular pizza, other then the fact that it was just a little too greasy (oily). The dough was also decent on their regular slice. The airy feeling that I had with the Sicilian in not noticeable on their regular slice.

I don’t get how the crust on both didn’t taste the same. For the regular slice @ NYPD I give it 4 out of 8 slices. They fix their airy dough problem, and they have the potential to make some pretty good pies.

6177 Jog Rd Lake Worth, FL 33467-6580

20 Responses to “NYPD II Pizza Lake Worth Florida”

• MB wrote:

04 Feb 2009 at 9:35 pm

Do you happen to know if this is the same NYPD chain that we have up in the Orlando area? The one where the real NYPD sued the company over the use of the name?

The NYPD's up here don't number their restaurants, so I'm assuming they aren't connected. Although with Lou Pearlman in jail, I'm guessing he no longer has anything to do with the chain, so who knows how that all works now.

05 Feb 2009 at 4:49 am

Honestly I am not sure. I will ask Pete to go in and check with them next time. We have a previous article that discusses the NYPD original law suit a couple of months ago.

• Steve wrote:

28 Feb 2009 at 5:20 pm

no they are not affiliated with the NYPD in Orlando. The owners have two stores, the one you visited in Lake Worth and a store in Boynton Beach.

• Steve wrote:

28 Feb 2009 at 5:20 pm

• PIZZAMAN wrote:

06 Mar 2009 at 10:35 pm

N.Y.P.D. originaly means new york police department , you can name your pizza> N.Y.P.D. New York Pizza Delivery New York Pizza Department New York Pizza Deli>NYPD The sicilan pizza i saw on picture looks ugly, i would newer serve a pizza like that to a costumer, the original NYPD its in lake worth , it use to be good but one of the partners left, now the owner its Vito this guy newer was succesfull in his life hi had opened and closed manny pizza places, butt in this location on the beach he has to be succesfull

• PIZZAMAN wrote:

06 Mar 2009 at 10:35 pm

• MY OWN CRITIC wrote:

07 Mar 2009 at 2:30 pm

I HAVE TO DISAGREE! NYPD 2 AND 4 HAVE THE BEST PIZZA IN TOWN. THERE IS NO RELATION TO THE ONE ON THE BEACH IN LAKE WORTH. NYPD 2 AND 4 ARE FAMILY OWNED. I VE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH EITHER OF THEM………….I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOING TO EITHER STORE!!!!!!!!!!

• MY OWN CRITIC wrote:

07 Mar 2009 at 2:30 pm

• Chris wrote:

22 Apr 2009 at 7:26 pm

I order from NYPD II pizza and I'm a little mixed about their pizza. I think you are correct in your rating. My biggest issue with them is consistancy. Some days they are good, then some days they just slip. Also if you order a larger than regular size, they tend to get something wrong. I've had pies overcooked, or the bread tastes plain.

Definitely NOT a NY pizza. Just more of a name on the joint to bring in the people. I hope to find better in the area.

• Chris wrote:

22 Apr 2009 at 7:26 pm

• mature wrote:

25 May 2009 at 10:36 am

The NYPD at Lake Worth beach is the best pizza shop on earth. Best pizzas (of every kind), best wings, best hot & cold subs, best everything. Better than everywhere else in the world. Best food, best shop, best people. Best menu. Best delivery. Best attitude.
    Yeah, I'm from Long Island, N.Y. — but that don't mean crap because the best pizza is right here in Lake Worth.

• mature wrote:

25 May 2009 at 10:36 am

• bob wrote:

01 Jun 2009 at 6:56 pm

we just ate there for the 1st time…passed it a million times and just brought the family there. Had the thin pie…was great! The service rocked and they gave free cheese bread with marinera sauce which was great! Not to mention the two gorgeous women behind the counter I couldn't keep my eyes off of…oh yeah I am married…sorry honey.

• bob wrote:

01 Jun 2009 at 6:56 pm

• Scott wrote:

24 Jul 2009 at 9:29 am

Sorry, but this pizza is not worth talking about. Scant amount of tasteless sauce, average crust and oily cheese does not make for a good pizza. I have (unfortunately) ordered from here on many different occasions because of either convenience, desperation or maybe the hope that the previous pie(s) were just “off” and maybe they would get it right. Nope. All failures. This is of course my opinion so if you'd like to keep ranting about this place don't let me get in the way.

• Scott wrote:

24 Jul 2009 at 9:29 am

• Scott wrote:

24 Jul 2009 at 4:29 pm

• Mark wrote:

05 Feb 2010 at 10:45 pm

I really like the pizza here, but nothing beats pizza made and eaten in NY, period the end. I'm originally from Long Island and I have had some good pizza here in Florida, and I think that NYPD 2 & 4 has produced pizza's much better than the worst pizza's I've ever eaten in NY. Therefore, although not truly a NY pizza it's close enough.

• Jsh.Roberts1 wrote:

10 Feb 2011 at 9:55 pm

It is my pleasure to post a comment befitting actually well done N,Y pizza! I am from N,Y, Rochester to be precise and have to say that this is the closest pie to what I get back home! Those of you who produce complaints just so you can hear or in this case read your own words, listen up, there is a cookie cutter pie that you can have with 3 toppings all for the wonderful price 10$!, its called pizza hut! I go some times when I know my kids are going to give me a hard time about eating… that way I don’t feel the wallet scream at me when I have to throw it out! Thin, greasy, huge slices, that taste great! With personable, proffesional employees, come on this is what you want in a pizza joint! Oh and if you need a pizza that you can bathe in the sauce in, go to papa John’s!! But if you want the real deal, eat at NYPD!

• MARTHA wrote:

27 Dec 2012 at 9:44 pm

You must stay away; this
    place is dangerous to your family’s health. Even after talking to the manager
    who promised to review my concerns, I went back tonight and found:

A woman picking her ear as
    she held about twenty glasses stacked up coming from the kitchen. When she got
    to the serving station she separated the glass touching the top that you drink
    from with her ear wax fingers

The delivery man walks
    behind the counter to the food prep area and lays the money he collected on the
    counter that your food is put on.

The man who takes your order
    and collects’ your money also touches your food, handles your rolls, touches
    your pizza as he boxes it and cuts it.

The nice buns fresh out of
    the oven are put up on the counter and then yes with their dirty hand the
    waiters plate your buns, with the same hands that handle money and clear dirty
    plates.

This place is gross, stay
    away.

The whole time I was there
    not one person used the sink to wash their hands.