La Cucina Pizza Smithtown Long Island

Posted By: Pizza Expert on February 18th, 2009
Visit La Cucina Pizza Smithtown Long Island's Website

img_0623img_0625Although it almost seems unfair to rate pizza after having Rocco’s, we continued to the next place and found ourselves at La Cucina in Smithtown, where Aegean II Pizza used to be.

La Cucina is located on 61 Route 111 631.265.0482.

When I first walked in I actually contemplated not getting a slice of pizza since the pie looked pretty screwed up?  As you can see by the photo above, they have 3 slices at the right end of the pie not finished?  It almost looks like they burned the crust and just kept baking to salvage whatever they could of the pie.  Very odd.  I ordered a slice anyways, which seems to have come from a different pie under the counter.  When I took my first bite I was pleasantly surprised with the taste, considering I almost talked myself out of trying it.  Although the slice was extremely soggy, the inner crust tasted pretty good and the cheese was melted into it in certain parts.  The sauce was good, and not overloaded.  Cheese was pretty decent as well.  Overall I would try this place again, since there might be some potential to it! Only thing I would suggest to the new owners of La Cucina Pizza in Smithtown is to get the crust a bit crisper on the edges.  The pie needed a bit longer to bake, before you removed it and sliced it up.

I will give La Cucina Pizza in Smithtown 5 out of 8 slices.

61A Route 111 Smithtown, NY 11787

11 Responses to “La Cucina Pizza Smithtown Long Island”

• Angelo wrote:

08 Mar 2009 at 9:13 pm

I used to work in a pizzeria and it is not uncommon for a pizzeria to only make 6 out of nine slices on a sicilian pie or to only make 2 0r 4 slices of a specialty pie. This is done to ensure that the customer gets a fresher slice of pizza because the pizza sells faster.

• Smithtown Girl wrote:

31 Mar 2009 at 11:09 am

La Cucina does not have good food in general. I miss Aegean II and La Primavera, which was there before. The Penne Alla Vodka doesn't taste anything like Penne Alla Vodka. They are over priced and not even for good reason. They may give some larger portions, but who wants to eat large portions of bad tasting food?! I hope they go out of business soon! They're horrible!

• jimsock wrote:

15 Jun 2009 at 10:35 am

Well, no, Angelo – this guy is “THE PIZZA EXPERT” so what you say just cannot be true, or else the “EXPERT” would be aware of that well-known fact.
    ROFLMAO! This sight is pure idiotic comedy!
    (Right on, Angelo – you should be the one doing the reviewing here – not this clown.)

07 Aug 2009 at 7:23 pm

I just ate there again tonight, and the bar pie they have there, kind of hidden in the Appetizer section, was GREAT!

• mondelli wrote:

29 Sep 2009 at 7:59 pm

This is the best Pizzeria Restaurant in Smithtown!!!!! The Owner really knows what he is doing. If you haven't been to La Cucina than you should really try it!!!!!

• mondelli wrote:

30 Sep 2009 at 2:59 am

• N2ngal wrote:

13 Nov 2010 at 3:54 am

This place serves pizza that has been sitting out all day and is spoiled. Beware food poisoning!

13 Nov 2010 at 4:11 am

Sounds like a claim that is hard to believe? Why do you say this?

• scott weber wrote:

15 Jun 2011 at 5:36 pm

I know what happened with the part that was “unfinished”. I’ve seen the owner do this before. If he doesn’t want to make an entire pie, he will use a full dough and just make how much he wants and then cut off the extra crust and thow it out. One time I asked for two slices of spinach pizza and he actually used an entire pizza dough and just made me my two slices and thew out 3/4 pizza crust. I thought it was wastfull but I guess flour is cheap and cheese is not.

• Scott Weber wrote:

15 Jun 2011 at 5:38 pm

I don’t agree. I’ve had lots of stuff from there all the time and it’s good. Shrimp Parm, Meatball Hero, Chicken Parm, Calzones, etc.

• Stocpro47 wrote:

25 Feb 2012 at 6:38 pm

great  food besides pizza! excellent chicken franchise