Via Italia Pizza Commack Long Island Worst Pizza

Posted By: roberto on January 17th, 2009
Visit Via Italia Pizza Commack Long Island Worst Pizza's Website

vita-italia-sucksvia-italia-terribleSitting home the other day I got hungry and was appointed the decision maker for our family meal.  Thought it would be cool to try out a new place, and remembered passing by Via Italia on 118 Commack Road in Commack, NY, and wanting to try it. BIG MISTAKE!  Via Italia Pizza is located in the Meat Farms Shopping Center.  I ordered a regular pie, a Sicilian Pie, and a couple of pasta dishes.  The first call I made to them was at 2:30 pm, it was during this first call that I placed my order, and was told it would be 20 minutes.

I arrived at Via Italia around 3:00 pm, and the both the pizza and pasta were still not finished. Using basic math skills I figured it was 30 minutes already and not the 20 they had originally said.  A few minutes after waiting, the two pies were finished, and placed on the oven, but the rest of the food wasn’t done.  Finally…at about 3:25, which is over an hour from when I placed the order, and over 40 minutes from when the food was promised, the rest of the order came out.  The rude counter help offered no apologies for it taking as long as it did.

When I got home, we noticed that the sicilian pie wasn’t even cut fully, only cut into 8 slices!  What a lazy group of employees Via Italia has.  I had to cut the pizza myself.  At least the Sicilian pie looked decent, the regular pie looked worse then Domino’s Pizza in my opinion. It was so sloppy looking, that we almost didn’t even eat it. Of course, since the pizza was waiting on top of the oven for about 25 minutes, it was cold and terrible.  I mean TERRIBLE.

One of the pasta dishes was also wrong.  Get this…I called up and told them that they made a mistake.  The idiot who answered proceeded to tell me that they didn’t make any mistakes, and said in a nasty tone “what do you want us to do about it.”  I said I can bring it back and the manager said they didn’t want us to bring it back, and said in even a more nastier sounding tone “so what do you want from us again.”  I said, I would like what I ordered and they said that they didn’t care and they did not want us to bring back the food as well as the pie that they forgot to cut. Never in my life have I been treated in such an inconsiderate fashion from an uneducated pizza guy, who could barely put his sentences together.  He even asked me, why don’t you just slice it yourself and leave us alone!

This experience left a bad taste in my mouth about Via Italia Pizza in Commack.   The sicilian pizza was not that tasty and it was very thin.  The regular wasn’t even edible.

Via Italia in Commack gets 0 out of 8 slices, and I would NEVER go back to this place after the way they disrespected me, and how rude they treated me.  In my opinion it would be wise for everyone to stay away and order from anywhere else in the Commack area.  This place could be the Worst Pizza in Long Island, with the worst management.  Go to La Scala Pizza instead on Vanderbilt Parkway.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

118 Commack Rd Commack, NY 11725-3404

17 Responses to “Via Italia Pizza Commack Long Island Worst Pizza”

• Chris wrote:

17 Jan 2009 at 8:45 am

This place getting a 0 out of 8 slices, hmm I definetly won't be giving them my business now. With all the pizzaerias around, who needs a place that has terrible food and who doesn't even care about their customers. Thanks for the warning, will let my friends all know about this place also

17 Jan 2009 at 8:48 am

Which pizza place is your favorite around the area?

• PIZZAMAN wrote:

06 Mar 2009 at 11:00 pm

hmm loks like the main problem was why they did not cut the sicilian pie in 12 slices but you should know tht in some places they do cut the sicilian pies in 8 slices, by the way if its the way you are saying they are wrong they should make the costumers happy

07 Mar 2009 at 5:59 am

This site is solely made to help places do better. Wonder why they don't offer better customer service.

• jen k wrote:

30 Mar 2009 at 3:00 pm

i agree !!!!!!!!!!!

• Name wrote:

12 Oct 2009 at 4:18 pm

This Pizzeria has gone through multiple owners over the years. By far they have the best Pizza now!

• Name wrote:

12 Oct 2009 at 11:18 pm

• Chelsea wrote:

08 May 2010 at 11:16 pm

It also matters about the people who work there. The guy who makes in my opinion the best pizza only works Tuesday, and Thursday-Saturday.

• Liz wrote:

01 Oct 2010 at 5:52 pm

This is absolutely untrue about this pizzeria

• Liz wrote:

01 Oct 2010 at 5:52 pm

There pizza is fabulous, especially the sicilian

• Kingleo wrote:

14 Dec 2010 at 10:56 pm

The guy who said he is the owner of Via Italia is one of the most horrible people Ihave ever met. He lies to the customers…. his product is terrible, the Pizza is like cardboard and tastes the same. We ordered for the family and it took over 1 hour for our order that we were told 20-30 minutes. When we got home our order was wrong. Two of the items were different and the other was burnt and I like my stuff well done. He told us just eat it and be happy you have something to eat. How do you talk to a customer like this. He then said if you don’t like it order something different next time. I continued to tell him I didn’t order it in the first place. He then told me to eat it and don’t complain. STAY AWAY maybe he will learn to treat paying customers with respect!

• Marco wrote:

17 Jan 2011 at 9:46 pm

Hmm Liz do you happen to be a family member or work for this place, because anyone who leaves 2 comments back to back sure sounds like it

• Yeah Yiu wrote:

30 May 2011 at 7:27 pm

You really need to get another hobby.

• Crash wrote:

03 Mar 2013 at 12:41 pm

Try update info in this year 2013. New owners,new recipes. Give it a try before you judge. The worst pizza is from 2009 when does that come off this site and heading?

• How you Doing wrote:

14 Mar 2013 at 3:32 pm

Great Food New owner are rocking this place better then ever!

• Timmy bodice wrote:

22 Mar 2013 at 6:26 am

The food there now is amazing.. The new owners are very respectful and I can now say… I’ve had the best Italian food at via italia then any other place in commack!

• pleased costumer wrote:

11 Apr 2013 at 7:02 pm

Great atmosphere amazing food, enough said. Via italia new owners enhanced menu why not stop by.