Mama B’s Pizza Aventura Mall Food Court

Posted By: Pizza Expert on January 15th, 2009
Visit Mama B’s Pizza Aventura Mall Food Court's Website

img_0500img_0501Mama B’s Pizza is located in the food court of the Aventura mall.  After walking by the counter the other day I noticed this thing which appeared to look like a slice of Sicilian.  Upon further approach, it was indeed a Sicilian slice.

So I ordered it and paid about $3.00, I forget since I threw away the receipt with the pizza tray, for this slice that was literally the size of my palm.  I just had to order it just so I could take a photo and show you what these non caring owners are serving as pizza.  In my opinion this slice should have been thrown out and not served to the public.  At any stage of the process after cutting the pie they should have noticed the minute size of this slice.  They could have noticed how small it was when the visually compared it to the other slices.  They could have noticed how small it was when the placed it in the oven.  They could have noticed how small it was when they took it back out of the oven.  They could have noticed how small it was when they gave it to me.  They could have noticed how small it was when they took the money from me.  Actually money is a good thing to bring up here.  My $5.00 bill was actually a bit bigger then this slice if you could imagine how small the slice was.

Mama B’s in the Aventura Mall either has a blind staff, an incompetent staff, or just a staff who doesn’t give a crap about their jobs and providing a fair portion of food for the price.  The slice didn’t even taste that bad, but I was only able to take about 2 bites so it is hard to give an actual review.  Most of the slice was crust as you can see by the photo, and the rest of it was about 2 bites if that of cheese and sauce.  Shame on you Mama B’s for what seems like in my opinion to be ripping off your customers.  Personally I would never go back there, as I feel too slighted by my first experience here.  I would have liked to try the regular slice and garlic knots here since I heard from someone the knots are good.

Now I know, nobody told me to order a slice that looked this small, and perhaps there was a small chance that if I brought up the size to someone behind the counter, they might have offered me to get something else instead.  So I will be a bit fair in that regards.  But since they had no problem serving me this small insult, I have no problem giving it a small amount of slices for their rating.  Mama B’s in the Aventura Mall Food Court gets 2 out of 8 slices.  They would have gotten 1 but what I did taste wasn’t rancid.

12 Responses to “Mama B’s Pizza Aventura Mall Food Court”

• Nell wrote:

16 Jan 2009 at 11:25 am

Ur a loser the pizza was good! it is way bigger than your palm i eat there everytime i go to aventura. Your lame and just probably greedy! Next time speak up at the counter instead of waiting untyil you eat all of it to complain on how little the slice was.

16 Jan 2009 at 11:37 am

Like I said the pizza didn't taste bad at all, and the only reason I bought this slice was in amazement that they actually served something so small. This slice is exactly as small as it appears, and was smaller then the dollar bill! I would have spoken up at the counter but this was more of an experiment to see if they would serve this at full price. That is why I ordered it.

• fortytwo wrote:

16 Jan 2009 at 2:10 pm

Learn to spell before you call people names!

16 Jan 2009 at 2:22 pm

Thank you!

• mattspizza wrote:

16 Jan 2009 at 4:08 pm

I can't believe the balls on nell. He can barely craft a sentence. And if he goes to the same place every time he must have a really limited basis of comparison.

• jimsock wrote:

19 Jun 2009 at 8:55 am

Why would they throw the slice away when they can just wait for some moron to buy it?

• jimsock wrote:

19 Jun 2009 at 3:55 pm

• Thnycnys wrote:

13 Jul 2010 at 1:11 am

I like Lydia. Maybe one day,maybe.

• Paola Llosa wrote:

29 Jul 2010 at 5:38 pm

Mama B's pizza is the biggest in terms of size. Tastes great as well. I can't agree with your argument that Mama B's is offering sucha a small piece. See what they offer now and compare it to others.

29 Jul 2010 at 5:56 pm

You can see by the photo that this slice was puny! Bunch I will definitely give it another try at your recommendation!

• Epired wrote:

02 Nov 2010 at 2:41 am

The pizza here is great. Pretty cheap considering its location and always fresh. I love staring through the window and seeing the pizza maker make pizza. The place is great and i go there all the time. Oh and by the way their Sicilian slice is $3.32 and well worth it! Mama B’s is my favorite pizza place. I wish they delivered :/

• nena wrote:

02 May 2013 at 12:59 am

The pizza at this place is top quality period. Trust me iam a pizza fan and this pizza is the best, it reminded me the pizza of new york! You probably are an angry ex employee trying to harm mama b’s fuck off kid!