review

Buzz103 Morning Buzz Offers Cheesy Pizza Advice

So last week Herb points out to me that the Morning Buzz on Buzz 103.1 is having a morning discussion about pizza. After receiving dozens of emails from our readers, I finally decide to turn on the station and listen to see what it going on. Low and behold they are talking about pizza like […]

1 / 8
Slice Rating

Buzz103 Morning Buzz Offers Cheesy Pizza Advice

Posted By: Pizza Expert
View site

i_see_dumb_people_o_o_by_cool_slayerSo last week Herb points out to me that the Morning Buzz on Buzz 103.1 is having a morning discussion about pizza. After receiving dozens of emails from our readers, I finally decide to turn on the station and listen to see what it going on. Low and behold they are talking about pizza like they or their listeners know anything about it.

Many of our readers told me they emailed the station to inform them of this site and find out why the Pizza Experts wouldn’t be included in their discussions. I decided to call myself and find out why they wouldn’t include the experts. After finally getting through to someone after 1/2 hour of busy signals, I spoke to Randi and Smitty. I explained to them that our readers were upset that we weren’t asked for our opinions and Smitty proceeded to tell me to email them the www.worstpizza.com url and he would get back to us. Never heard back.

Today I decided to give a listen and see what was going on during the Morning Buzz on 103.1, and they were still talking about pizza. They kept mentioning that they are bringing in outside judges for their contests. Judges who know CRAP about pizza. The Pizza Experts live in their backyard, and yet they choose not to seek the advice and input from them. WorstPizza has double the traffic as the entire Buzz103 website. That is right, more people come here to find out about pizza then go to a radio station that is on 24 hours a day to learn about it. According to alexa, which ranks websites for their daily traffic, as of January 19th WorstPizza was ranked the 208,907 most visited website in the world, while buzz103 is the 294,003 most visited site. Obviously in this case, the lower your ranking the better. I have a feeling their next ranking will be even worse, while WorstPizza continues to grow. In the United States WorstPizza is ranked the 45,354 most visited site, while buzz103 is ranked 112,925. Yet the MorningBuzz thinks they and their listeners who call in, know more about pizza then us? Leave the pizza discussions to the Pizza Experts Loper, Randi, and Smitty!

We were quite excited to help the Morning Buzz actually. Located in Palm Beach County, many of the Pizza Experts would probably have already visited the places they were discussing and could have provided Expert input. We could have even done a segment with them to allow a pizza place to call in and find out how to make their pizza better after we tasted it. I guess Morning Buzz103 has too many other irrelevant things to do like having no name, non expert judges, for their frozen cold pizza contests.

If you are a radio station and would like to actually have a pizza discussion, with a bit of relevance and expertise involved, feel free to email us info@worstpizza.com. In the mean time my radio dial will have to skip 103.1

• make an
    order

• *
  • *

33 Responses to “Buzz103 Morning Buzz Offers Cheesy Pizza Advice”

• tymwalt wrote:
    19 Jan 2009 at 3:57 pm

As an expert on pizza I'll have to boot 103.1 off my preset list (was it ever preset in the first place?).

• Star wrote:
    19 Jan 2009 at 4:46 pm

You got it Lapp…You should have definitely been invited!

• F. Gomez wrote:
    19 Jan 2009 at 5:00 pm

Lapp, does it really matter what they think? Since I don't have satellite I am kind of forced to listen to shows like this on my morning commute to downtown WPB. Cannot say I will totally not listen to them, but I promise if they are discussing pizza I will shut it off!

• jungljim wrote:
    20 Jan 2009 at 9:22 pm

Guess I'll have to stick with the Luv Docs…

But….I would have been compelled to listen to the Bzz if they had true pizza talent on the panel!

• buzzfan wrote:
    21 Jan 2009 at 6:56 am

You should have listened to their whole premise. They were looking for the best tasting COLD pizza locally. They also wanted local judges because they pride themselves on being LOCAL.

21 Jan 2009 at 7:31 am

It doesn't get more local then us! We are in Boca!

• Craigsamoron wrote:
    21 Jan 2009 at 8:48 am

You are a idiot, they were tasting COLD Pizza, not FROZEN Pizza.
    They also want real people to judge it, not fat ass fruitcups who live with their mom and pride themselves on being “Pizza Experts” go outside and do something with your life

21 Jan 2009 at 8:52 am

This brings up a whole new possibility! Whey don't you and I go on the morning buzz and see how many women prefer me over you? Not only am I probably skinnier then you, but I would wager…better looking too!

• Craigsamoron wrote:
    21 Jan 2009 at 8:56 am

you are hilarious. i love how you manage to talk shit to people about shit you dont know about. I also find it great how you are talking about their “daily visits on their web page”….cool, a WORLDWIDE KNOWN WEBSITE has 2x the hits as a website for BOCA RATON AND WEST PALM BEACH…you need to learn to not get butt hurt if you dont get free food you fat piece of crap.

21 Jan 2009 at 9:00 am

My offer still stands if you want to go on the air with me, and leave our photos up on their blog. There is not a person who knows more about pizza then myself..PERIOD

21 Jan 2009 at 9:01 am

You are right about the Cold instead of Frozen, and I have since corrected the article.

• Craigsamoron wrote:
    21 Jan 2009 at 9:03 am

just to note because im about to leave for work (i have a real job unlike you) — they wanted it to be a fun little contest, not a serious thing. so stop acting like it matters and stop crying that you didnt get your party invite

21 Jan 2009 at 9:06 am

This brings up a whole new possibility! Why don't you and I go on the morning buzz and see how many women prefer me over you? Not only am I probably skinnier then you, but I would wager…better looking too!

• Craigsamoron wrote:
    21 Jan 2009 at 9:09 am

1) i have a job, i cant waste my time doing that, because the morning buzz is monday-friday from 6-10 am

but why do you honestly think you are hot shit? i have a question. does your face look more like pepperoni or sausage pizza? you should give it advice on how to taste better

• Lapp is a moron wrote:
    21 Jan 2009 at 11:19 am

get a life lapp

• Craigisamoron wrote:
    21 Jan 2009 at 4:31 pm

hey fag, put your comment back, dont delete it. let everyone know how retarded and gay you are

21 Jan 2009 at 4:36 pm

Which comment? I think all of the comments are still there but are out of order now. Did you get home from your janitorial job at the buzz station?

• Craigisamoron wrote:
    21 Jan 2009 at 5:49 pm

“Comment Removed” – 8 Hours Ago

And no, i am a criminal lawyer in LA, California

Get a damn life and get laid

21 Jan 2009 at 5:56 pm

Then why are you listening to some crummy station in Florida? You should be suing the station for their crimes against society concerning Pizza!

• Craigisamoron wrote:
    21 Jan 2009 at 6:47 pm

yeh, because the world revolves around pizza. i'm originally from Fl you little crybaby kid. Grow up and get a job and a fucking bitch to suck you off

21 Jan 2009 at 6:48 pm

You seem to have some serious sexual frustration! Maybe you should be the one finding a woman instead of devoting your life to those 3 Dj's in the morning. You actually wake up at 3am to listen to them. That is sad man!

• buzz103 you suck wrote:
    22 Jan 2009 at 2:48 pm

Buzzfan and Craigsamoron you guys sound like a bunch of losers from buzz103. So you know Buzz103 is the most amateurish radio show on FM period. People on youtube.com laugh at Buzz103. Craig you keep telling it the way it is and don't let a couple of Buzz103 employees rattle your cage. They would know good pizza if it sat next to their bong all night. Buzz103 u suck

• MB wrote:
    23 Jan 2009 at 7:54 pm

I found these comments to be very entertaining! Thanks!

• Buzzard wrote:
    17 May 2009 at 6:13 am

The author of this article is hilarious. Maybe they wanted to use their own “experts” or no experts at all! It's a morning show on the radio! It's just goofy fun.

You take yourself and apparently everything too seriously. That radio station rocks. You seem kinda clueless and bitter.

• Shwad wrote:
    07 Jun 2009 at 6:02 am

I'm an expert on keeping vagina's happy and if The Morning Buzz did a segment on that and didn't want an expert on there then I am A OK with that! Because it's their EFFING OPINION!!! Lapp do you know what a vagina is? The vagina is beautiful…u don't need to bake it or put any toppings on it. Relax bro…go out and find some vagina!! Just don't turn into one ok buddy. I feel sad for you

• samantha wrote:
    07 Jun 2009 at 10:53 am

you're missing the point. the bit went on for 5 days and on the 5th day, they tried several pizzas from the area. it didn't matter that they, themselves, were not experts. the pizza was “the morning after pizza” and was solely judged on taste after 1 day. you missed the entire idea of the show and have now written a ridiculous piece accusing a RADIO SHOW of having a bad bit. what a waste of time…

07 Jun 2009 at 10:55 am

Blah Blah, you missed the point that they had random judges who knew nothing about pizza! This is why I have more readers then they probably have listeners! They should use their local talent next time!

07 Jun 2009 at 10:57 am

I am guessing a vagina would be best described as the person who left this comment above. Maybe you can go and suck up to them more in the studio.

• Shwad wrote:
    07 Jun 2009 at 1:02 pm

• samantha wrote:
    07 Jun 2009 at 5:53 pm

07 Jun 2009 at 5:55 pm

07 Jun 2009 at 5:57 pm

• […] with their decision not to research and see that they have the Pizza Expert in their backyard (post here). This year I decided to take my distain to Twitter and “passive aggressively”, ask him […]

RECEIVE PIZZA REVIEWS