Casa Del-Dio Pizza in Fern Park FL

Posted By: MB on December 30th, 2008
Visit Casa Del-Dio Pizza in Fern Park FL's Website

Casa Del-Dio Pizza in Fern Park, FL used to always win Best Pizza in Orlando awards in the local papers. I ate at the restaurant back then, and the pizza was good, but nothing too exceptional. Then for some reason, I thought Casa Del-Dio went out of business. I tried going to the restaurant a few times, and they were always closed and empty looking. Recently, I drove by, and they were open again, so I gave them a try. We had a large cheese pizza and some garlic bread.

The garlic bread was garlic-less. They put garlic butter/powder on the bread instead of actual garlic. That’s never a good thing. The pizza tasted okay, but it was overloaded with cheese. The cheese was way out of proportion compared to the rest of the pizza. The overload of cheese kind of ruined what seemed to be a pretty good pizza otherwise. I never like it when there is more cheese than the pizza can handle, and it all overflows onto the plate while there is still plenty of cheese on the slice.

It seems other people enjoy this cheese overload because Casa Del-Dio was busy with people eating pizzas.

Casa Del-Deo gets 3 out of 8 Slices from me.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

189 Semoran Blvd Fern Park, FL 32730-2101

8 Responses to “Casa Del-Dio Pizza in Fern Park FL”

• Jenny Z wrote:

04 Jan 2009 at 12:06 pm

Try Pizzeria Del-Dio in Orlando; the old owner is operating this new Italian restaurant and it's terrific! [ http://www.PizzeriaDel-Dio.com ]

• namtan wrote:

18 Jan 2009 at 6:08 pm

try again.. their old cook is back and food is good.

18 Jan 2009 at 6:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up! Do you know the story behind his coming back?

• Edie McGee wrote:

23 May 2009 at 11:17 am

Worst Chicken Parmesian I have ever had, tough and tastless. My friend got sick and spent the better part of the night in the bathroom. No, I could not eat mine, only one bite.
    Brought it home and the dog would not eat it.

You may know how to make a good pizza but leave the other food to someone who knows how to cook.

• Aaron wrote:

25 May 2009 at 12:42 pm

I'm from Long Island, and I moved down to Florida about a year ago, and I've been looking for a good pizza place to eat at. My neighbor suggested Casa Del Dio, so I brought my wife and son Saturday night to try them out. We ordered a large cheese, and my wife got herself a Chicken Marsala. Me and my son at the entire pie, and we were satisfied, my wife ate every bite of her Marsala. The place is run by a family from NY, and they do it the NY way! It's a great place with a great atmosphere, we are going to be coming back again and again!

• Aaron wrote:

25 May 2009 at 7:42 pm

• SoccerItalia wrote:

04 Oct 2011 at 10:41 pm

It seems the pizzeria at this address has closed; a BBQ place has taken its place.

05 Oct 2011 at 6:08 am

Thanks for letting us know

Sent From iPhone