review

Pizza Time Boca Raton

For an ex-New Yorker, South Florida has long been home of the Worst Pizza.  But indisputably, Pizza Time of Coral Springs, FL has stood out tall as being unlike the competition.  There pizza isn’t  good, it is GREAT. They brought a second location to Parkland, FL.  I am not sure if they were connected by […]

6 / 8
Slice Rating

Pizza Time Boca Raton

Posted By: Matt's Pizza
View site

For an ex-New Yorker, South Florida has long been home of the Worst Pizza.  But indisputably, Pizza Time of Coral Springs, FL has stood out tall as being unlike the competition.  There pizza isn’t  good, it is GREAT. They brought a second location to Parkland, FL.  I am not sure if they were connected by the same owners, or family, or if it was just a similar name, but the Pizza Time in Parkland is also very good.  So it was with delight that Mrs. Pizza informed me, that in my very own hometown of Boca Raton Florida, at the location of a former Sal’s Pizza near The Fresh Market, she saw the following sign: Coming Soon, Pizza Time of Coral Springs.

Immediately after they opened the staff here at worst pizza dot com rushed for an early review.  This Pizza Time was a lot smaller than the other two, and did in fact look like the ubiquitous Sal’s Pizzas that seem to be on every corner.  But the comparison ends there!  There was a nice crowd of people, and a great selection of pizza’s to choose from.  In deference to my guest, Pizza Expert, we ordered a nice fresh hot Sicilian pie.  While we waited, we both asked ourselves the same question and finally had to discuss the issue.  What was that noise?  The Pizza Man was yelling; at everyone and no one in particular, making it a not so pleasant environment to be around.  It was hysterical, and actually a bit disturbing that he would treat his staff this way.  The place wasn’t that busy and he was just barking out orders at his staff.  I had to ask the waitress for the scoop.  Apparently, Bob, the owner, was the owner of the Coral Springs location (I am not sure about Parkland).  There he gathered the reputation as being a Pizza Knotzie.  He retired but was driving himself crazy. So when this joint became available he bought it.

OK.  Whatever.  He may be loud, but he makes good pizza.  When our pizza came, we couldn’t get enough of it.  I never ate as much Sicilian in one sitting.  It was very, very good.  However, the finish was a little cakey.  A Great Sicilian, although thick, is light as air.  Not spongy.  Still, the Sicilian gets 6 out of 8 slices.  I am looking forward to going back to the Pizza Time of Boca Raton for more, and to try the regular pizza (and the rest of the menu).

• make an
    order

• 1001 SW 2nd Ave Boca Raton, FL 33432-7245

• *
  • *

21 Responses to “Pizza Time Boca Raton”

• sherry wrote:
    17 Nov 2008 at 12:06 am

sometimes its good but most of the time its not. The tomato sauce was very bland

• Sophie wrote:
    09 Dec 2008 at 8:44 pm

I am a BIG fan of pizza time. Since the second they opened they have been non stop busy. The eggplant parm is the best i have ever had… and i eat a lot of eggplant parm

• Jerry wrote:
    13 Dec 2008 at 11:14 pm

WOW sherry you have no idea what your talking about!! all their food is amazing.

• Eric wrote:
    20 Feb 2009 at 4:14 am

Always the best. I have ate at The Coral Springs place for at least 20 years and it is always great. Bobby can be loud but he cares for his employees and he takes good care of them if they need alittle help. I cant wait to go to Boca and here his Drill Instructor Pizza style.

• […] back to Pizza Time in Boca Raton to give a quick test if the pizza was as good as our previous review stated.  This […]

• Matt wrote:
    01 Mar 2009 at 2:46 pm

The first couple of times we ordered the pizza was awful, and took FOREVER to get to our house. To make matters worse, they were as rude as could possibly be on the phone. We visited the restaurant to see if it was any different there, and I spoke to the owner about the rude treatment on the phone. He said he'd had complaints and was planning to replace the phone girl. We ordered a few more times and were pleasantly surprised with the improved quality of the pizza, though the new girl was almost as rude. The last 3 times were the final 3 as the girl got even more rude on the phone, and the pizza began getting worse than it was originally. Maybe they'll be good when they get their act together, but that's a BIG if, since the new girl is apparently the owners daughter/ neice or something so is unlikely to be replaced. The food is 'ok', but after a visit to the vile mens room, I can only hope the kitchen is much cleaner, but I'm not willing to take that risk to patronize a place that already treats weekly customers like crap. There's enough other pizza places in this city to not have to deal with rude people, inconsistent 'so-so' pizza/food, and revolting restrooms.

01 Mar 2009 at 3:00 pm

I agree about the rudeness. But I still think the food is pretty good. The waitress we usually have is quite pleasant but the owner and behind the counter staff are a bit abrasive.

• djdrag wrote:
    23 Mar 2009 at 11:00 am

The fresh tomato pizza is outstanding!!! We request it to be baked well done. It comes to us perfect every time. Can't say enough about this wonderful pie and place. I recommend it to every one. The filled panino are “off the wall tasty” as well. a triple thumbs up.
    D.J.D Pompano Beach

• djdrag wrote:
    23 Mar 2009 at 11:20 am

I would recommend to MATT, that he find a pizza place with an abundance of ambiance,a pizza maker with a flowery and prefect attitude(whomever that might be),and to enjoy eating his pizza while seated in the cleanest restroom in town.

23 Mar 2009 at 11:20 am

You should try their Sicilian!! Pretty good as well

• djdrag wrote:
    23 Mar 2009 at 4:48 pm

Thanks Craig, I fully intend trying the Sicilian as soon as I can tear myself away from the fresh tomato pie. I'm sure it will be excellent as is all the other goodies there. Thanks again.

• djdrag wrote:
    23 Mar 2009 at 6:00 pm

D.J.D Pompano Beach

• djdrag wrote:
    23 Mar 2009 at 6:20 pm

23 Mar 2009 at 6:20 pm

You should try their Sicilian!! Pretty good as well

• djdrag wrote:
    23 Mar 2009 at 11:48 pm

• Anonymous wrote:
    16 Jul 2010 at 2:53 pm

_________________________________________________________________
    Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox.

• djdrag wrote:
    23 Jul 2010 at 1:50 pm

_________________________________________________________________
    Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox.

• Anonymous wrote:
    24 Sep 2010 at 3:30 pm

• Anonymous wrote:
    27 Sep 2010 at 10:16 pm

• Jsabato815 wrote:
    11 Feb 2011 at 10:54 pm

This is the best place ever! Feels like home! Love the guys behind the counter! The food is amazing. Love the dough, love the freshness! LOVE IT ALL!!!
    They even deliver!

• Epickle630 wrote:
    05 Dec 2011 at 9:41 pm

I live right near pizza time and if I didnt i’d travel there to get my fixx outstanding!!! The staff is a professional staff that doesnt have time to be anybodys new special friend.. If your looking for really nice people to serve u crummy food well than I guess that’s your thing… As for me they have my loyalty…..

RECEIVE PIZZA REVIEWS