review

Posted By: Pizza Expert
View site

pisanopizza.jpg

Pisano's Pizza
NW Crossing
541-312-9349

Although we used to have a review here, it stirred up some controversy, that probably wasn't deserved.  I have removed the previous posting, and decided it would be best for everyone to go to try Pisano's Pizza and Pizanno's pizza for yourselves and see how much you like them! I doubt you will be let down!

• make an
    order
    541-312-9349

• 2477 NW Crossing Dr. Bend, OR

• *
  • *

24 Responses to “Pisano’s Pizza”

• frank wrote:
    03 Nov 2008 at 1:46 pm

Type your comment here.
    BOR,
    Thank you for your observations and informing the people. We work very hard everyday on the quality of our product to you. We are constantly working on quality control. As you have observed without painstaking daily quality control even the best reciepes can move slowly in the wrong direction until they are gone, as sampled in the pisanos case.
    They took our play book but clearly was unable to duplicate the plays for a number of reasons. Our motto is and will always be” People, product, profit ” in that order.
    Frank Cibelli

• Laura wrote:
    03 Nov 2008 at 11:42 pm

I recently visited Pisano's Pizza for lunch, and was very disappointed. The menu posted on the door claimed they opened at 11 am, but at 11:15 the door was locked and the music was blaring. I saw someone inside, who just looked at me and shrugged. I gave up and went hungry, grabbing a snack from the grocery next door. I tried again a few days later, and had better luck entering the store, only to have a tiny slice of burnt pepperoni pizza. I won't be back.

• Ed wrote:
    26 Nov 2008 at 4:52 pm

So here goes Franks next try at smearing my restaurant. First, he sues me and my ex partner who used to work for him. Now posts like this. The recipes he turned in to our attorneys are different from ours, however , and our store doesn't look like his. Next, notice the table and condiments in the picture, they were taken at Cibelli's. HMMM. I was in Orlando last month as a competitor in the US Pizza championships. I was the only west coast competitor there. Made the Semi Finals. Do you think I need his recipes? HMMM. Frank owns 5 restaurants, I own 2. He's well off, I'm a hard workin guy. I make Pizza in my restaurant almost every day , he's off in Florida. I don't tell people I'm going to break their back in the street, I don't try to sue people out of business. Anyone reading this can draw your own conclusions. Ed
    PS, larger pep doesn't mean better taste and my slices are $3.50, not $4, what a lie!.

• John wrote:
    26 Nov 2008 at 10:08 pm

It is obvious that Mr. Cibelli had someone do this write-up skewed in their favor. I live and work in the NW Crossing Area and eat at Pisano’s at least once a week. It is the best pizza in town.

What the story does not say is that earlier this year Mr. Cibelli had an acquaintance go into Pisano’s to get a piece of pizza for comparison. Instead of paying for the slice, he reached around and allegedly took the piece without paying for it and handed it to Mr Cibelli around the corner. Apparently Mr Cibelli is threatened by the competition.

• Nate wrote:
    15 Dec 2008 at 1:51 pm

I have been a patron of Cibelli for a few years until I got a burned pizza from their Westside store. I recently have been patronizing Pisanos in NW crossing and find the pizza to be exceptional. The owner takes his job seriously, as there are photos of him at a National Pizza Competition and offers cash rewards to his employees that make the best-looking pizza. Every time I go in there, the owner routinely goes around to everyone's table to ask how their pizza is. He delivered a stromboli to my co-worker and then decided it could be perfected and brought out a 2nd one for free. My friend's daughter was on the State Champ volleyball team in Prineville and brought them free pizza when he found out their 1-11 football team got free steak dinners at the Country Club. I think the whole Pisanos package is much superior to Cibellis

• Bend Oregon Restaurants wrote:
    15 Dec 2008 at 4:07 pm

Whut up Party People?!?! I'd like to set a couple of things straight. I am not in connection with Frank Cibelli in any way. I've never met him and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know who I am.

After I tried a slice from Pisano's I wanted to compare the two of them side by side to see if Pisano's had stolen the recipe or whatever the lawsuit is all about. The two pizza's are completely different as you can see and read from my post above. Neither Cibellis or Pisano's had any idea that I was coming in and the photo was taken at my house on my dining room table. Those condiments are mine, from my pantry.

-BOR

• Mark wrote:
    15 Dec 2008 at 6:53 pm

I have also been to Both Cibelli's and Pisano's. I travel for business, and always enjoy finding Great Food! I have traveled to Bend, Oregon several times a year for the past 13 years, and had enjoyed the Cibelli's Pizza on many occasions. This year I found out about Pisano's in the Northwest Crossing !!! That is what Pizza should be like !!! If someone got bad food there and didn't bring it to the owners attention it was their own fault ?? The owner (Ed) is always walking through the restaurant asking everyone how their food is..I have now eaten there at least 6 times, and the Pizza, and Stromboli's are awesome. I have even had them make me Stromboli's and freeze them ahead of time so I can take them back to Medford. If you had a bad experience you should go in and speak with Ed, you wont be sorry, and you wont leave disappointed again. Great Pizza is hard to find, and you are cheating yourself if you don't try Pisano's……………….

• President Barack Obama wrote:
    21 Jan 2009 at 9:03 pm

I love the pizza from Pisano's. I kick myself for not stopping there when I was at Summit to give a talk this past year.

• jim wrote:
    06 Feb 2009 at 8:56 pm

mr president you are effing retarded, pisanos opened in july 08 and you visited in may 08. dumbass.

• ORA wrote:
    15 Mar 2009 at 6:09 pm

If Sysco ingredients are quality then cafteria food should be going for 30 dollars a meal too.

• Bethany wrote:
    08 Apr 2009 at 1:26 pm

I went in a while back and I noticed that the employee did not wash his hands after I paid with cash. He then used those unwashed hands to handle the pizza. I will never go back. Too many appearances of health violations. Plus, the table was dirty.

• Keith R. wrote:
    10 Apr 2009 at 7:06 pm

I have seen that too. Served my pizza with bare hands after taking my money and not washing his hands. Never going their again.

• Ed wrote:
    17 May 2009 at 1:27 pm

So the fact that it goes into a 600 degree oven killing anything that may be on it didn't enter into your thinking?Also, the fact that Cibelli's and Pizza Mondo employees do the same didn't occur to you? I've never heard you say this crap about any other store like Cibelli's so tell us why you and Bethany came in about the same time and told everyone about this . Perhaps it pissed you off that Cibelli dropped his ridiculous lawsuit with us. Maybe your friends with someone who got canned working here? whatever. Plenty of people eat here just as they eat at other places that hand out slices the same way. How come you never mentioned this to me first? I'm here all the time! By the way, we placed pretty high at the International Pizza Championships in Vegas so I know we are doing something right. Peace.

• Ben wrote:
    19 May 2009 at 10:36 am

Hey Frank, I guess when you dropped the suit it means this is all BS right? By the way, they have pictures of their owner in the World Pizza Competition in Las Vegas, what have you ever done ?

• Mark wrote:
    23 May 2009 at 7:04 am

After you paid them, did you wash your hands after handing them the same money ???? GET REAL !! Pisano's still has the Best Pizza………….

• Keith R. wrote:
    14 Jun 2009 at 1:16 pm

So do you put the salad in the 600 degree oven after you take money and then go over and grab the salad out of the container with the same hands instead of using a salad tongs? Placing high in a pizza contest has nothing to do with insanitary conditions and handling money and then handling the food without washing hands. Think about it. Have you ever been in a Subway. They wash their hands after each time that they handle money. And they use gloves. Maybe you should consider the health of your customers a little more and a little less about winning meaningless championships to inflate you overly large ego.

• JL wrote:
    14 Jun 2009 at 1:21 pm

Interesting information. I used to take my kids there but don't anymore because I could rarely get a table or bench that was not dirty. Why should we have to clean our own table. The kids like Mondo better anyway.

• edfun wrote:
    04 Aug 2009 at 4:43 pm

Maybe we should use gloves like Subway. Unfortunately, health department actually frowns upon that. Why? they say they want us to wash hands regularly. They don't require it every time we handle money. You handled the money, did you wash your hands after handing it to me? NO! So to all, this is BS. Seriously. My people follow the same guidelines Mondo, Cibellis and Paradise follow. I can't help but wonder why I've never had a complaint by you or anyone else in person, but you felt the desire to post here! If this is a legitimate post , Come down and talk to me in person, I will show you the guidelines and the kitchen which is the cleanest in town. I will also show you why we run the “greenest” kitchen in Bend. If I don't see you , I'll know this is something else. So will everyone else. Ed

• phil wrote:
    05 Oct 2009 at 10:31 am

Is there a pisano's pizza in California

• phil wrote:
    05 Oct 2009 at 5:31 pm

Is there a pisano's pizza in California

• nicolaidebreshnev wrote:
    24 Dec 2009 at 2:35 am

I have been going to PIsano's every few weeks since they opened. We always get the Extreme Hawaiian. This should really be their signature pizza. When we first went there we tried a normal pepperoni and cheese and it is a good pizza but not exceptional. But the Extreme Hawaiian is really one of the best Pizza's you can find anywhere for any price. Sometimes when we have guests from out of town and we grab an Extreme Hawaiian from PIsano's they still talk about how good it is long after they have gone home. When they come back to Bend the first thing they want is a Pisanos Pizza.

Speaking of Cibelli's the pizza is good, but what I used to go there for was the Meatball sandwiches. The now closed Tumalo location used to make a meatball to die for. Since Tumalo closed I have treid to get them at the other locations with no success. The west side location does not make them, and the east side location has them on the menu but twice now when I ordered it they did not have the ingredients to make it.

In short if you got to Pisano's get an Extreme Hawaiian. You will not be sorry.

• steven wrote:
    05 Mar 2010 at 5:33 pm

super professional, the owner of a restraunt arguing customers that its ok to not wash your hands. class act. just because the customer doesnt wash his hands is irrelevant, there not the ones making the food.

• edfun wrote:
    05 Mar 2010 at 7:40 pm

Steven, I am NOT making the case for NOT washing your hands. However, we are no different than other pizza places around the country. But if you receive money, put it in your pocket, do you wash YOUR hands every time you touch that money? NO, but why not? Thousands have touched that money,do you see my point here? The health department has told us point blank, money doesn't carry harmful stuff, that's their official position. But they still want us to wash regularly, we do. And, in fact everytime someone has a comment that is negative, we talk about it in employee meetings. This was discussed at the most recent Pizza industry convention I attended and we'll explore our options.
    Once again, why don't you or the other folks here ever stop by and see me? My card with my personal cell number is on the register for a reason, you can call me anytime. Why do it this way? Please explain why you never stopped to complain, instead of searching out a website and spending time writing ! When you do it this way I feel there's a different agenda at work here. I will await your call.

• Mindy & Rob wrote:
    17 Apr 2010 at 3:18 pm

WOW your right !! We came over from Medford to Ski a few weeks ago, and came to Pisano's on a recommendation from a friend ! The Extreme Hawaiian is now our favorite Pizza ever !!! Also the Cheesecake is better than I had in New York ! We can't wait to come back ! Owner was there and personally came out to ask every table how there meal was. This will always be a stopover when in Bend……………..

FIND HOT PIZZA PLACES