Angelina’s Pizzeria – The Only Pizza Choice in Key West

Posted By: Big G on September 9th, 2008
Visit Angelina’s Pizzeria – The Only Pizza Choice in Key West's Website

Ed. Note:  This is the inaugural post from our new pizza expert, Gary

To me Angelina’s Pizzeria is the best pizza while drinking all night on Duval Street. (208 Duval Street)  For some odd reason I always treat myself to a Hawaiian slice with ham and pineapple.  I then put too much hot red pepper on top.  If I cannot handle the pepper shaker, I sure will not operate a vehicle…

Hawiian Pizza Slice

I never get it that way anywhere else, it is just a strange tradition of mine.

The Pizza is very good for Florida, but would be out of business within a week if it was located in NYC.  Slices are available as well as large pies.  The service is very fast.  That is a good thing when you are Starvin Marvin.

Dirty, noisy, and expensive (for pizza) but when the liquor makes you hungry for a late night feed, it is in the right place at the right time.  I guess location, location, location, is not just for real estate.  It works for Pizza too.

I will generously give it 6 out of 8 slices because of location and the average customers mindset / drunkenness.  **This is an impaired rating only! In NY it would be a 1 or 2 slices out of 8.  They have a Pac Man machine too.  (That’s classy)  But it’s Fifty cents to play (That’s greedy)

** Impaired factor:  It is like wind chill factor.  But different.

8 Responses to “Angelina’s Pizzeria – The Only Pizza Choice in Key West”

• Jeanette wrote:

09 Sep 2008 at 4:11 pm

WHAT???………Fifty cents for Pac Man!!!!

09 Sep 2008 at 4:43 pm

Pac Man prefers Fitty Cent

• mattspizza wrote:

10 Sep 2008 at 1:32 pm

Welcome to worst pizza. Great Post!

• Amanda wrote:

26 Oct 2008 at 6:09 pm

Oh yeah. Living in KW for 10 years, I've had Angelinas many times after a night at Rick's. It's good pizza. The sandwiches are good, too.

• jimsock wrote:

18 Jun 2009 at 1:23 pm

Oh boy, another New Yorker that thinks he knows it all. Listen, New York's pizza isn't ANY better than pizza in other states. Fact. As a matter of fact, as a born and raised New Yorker I can tell you that you have a higher percentage chance of getting great pizza here than you do in New York. New York's not at all like it used to be, decades ago. Do you realize how absolutely stupid you sound when you put New York on a pedestal like you do? It's retarded. I'm about embarrassed to be from New York, the way people like you project us to be like.
    “The Pizza is very good for Florida, but would be out of business within a week if it was located in NYC.”<——OH, PLEASE! YOU'RE A MORON!

• Big G wrote:

18 Jun 2009 at 1:47 pm

Calling me a Moron is a nice start to a beautiful relationship. I know that you are embarrassed to be from NY because of something wrong in your life that never quite went as planned for you. I am sorry for that, but it was not me who made you so aggressive.

I said I liked Angelina's I said I like many pizza places throughout the country. Maybe you are from Buffalo NY where wings at the Anchor is much better then the local pizza. Maybe it is a water thing, but NY pizza like Chicago pizza has NEVER been replicated in my opinion!

Like an Idaho potato, a Maine lobster, MD. crabs and French champagne. Maybe someday when McDonald's or Starbucks own every food place we will have consistency. I do not think we are there yet. So take some Prozac and chill out! You have NY anger and also posses that arrogant bully mentality that embarrasses me. I am not embarrassed of where I am from, just the people like you who made me decide to move.

Not once in your rant did you provide us any place that you would compare great pizza to us. I would love to know the great places you speak of but you were not giving enough to share. I hope you a healthy and speedy recovery.

• jimsock wrote: