review

The Real Umberto’s Of New Hyde Park Long Island

My actual first stop when I landed in Long Island was at Umberto’s of New Hyde Park.  When I lived in Long Island, this used to be my favorite place.  Their Sicilian is certainly one of my favorite slices of pizza.   This is the true original Umberto’s pizza, and not the phony Umberto’s of […]

7 / 8
Slice Rating

The Real Umberto’s Of New Hyde Park Long Island

Posted By: Pizza Expert
View site

My actual first stop when I landed in Long Island was at Umberto’s of New Hyde Park.  When I lived in Long Island, this used to be my favorite place.  Their Sicilian is certainly one of my favorite slices of pizza.   This is the true original Umberto’s pizza, and not the phony Umberto’s of Long Island one located in Deerfield Beach.

I ordered 2 Sicilian slices and one regular.  The Sicilian was just as I remembered it.  Crispy on the outside, airy in the middle and one of the best sauces I have tasted on a pizza.  Their cheese is top notch, and the display of the pizza is equally as wonderful.  The regular slice is above average, but after having the Sicilian it was hard to compare.  Maybe I should have just tried the regular slice first.  In my humble opinion, I think this pizza mixes fantastically with grated cheese.  Not that the pizza itself doesn’t taste close to perfect without any help, but there is just something about the combination of their fresh grated cheese on this Sicilian that mixes perfectly.

Last time I was in Umberto’s of New Hyde Park, Umberto told me he was planning on opening a place in Boca Raton.  I will keep my fingers crossed that he finds a place, and doesn’t change a thing about his current recipe.  There is very no reason to ever wonder why Umberto’s became so successful.  Umberto’s uses the finest/freshest ingredients he can buy, and puts care into each and every pie he pulls out of the oven.  I am giving Umberto’s of New Hyde Park 7 out of 8 slices.

• make an
    order

• 111 Alexander Ave Lake Grove, NY 11755

• *
  • *

13 Responses to “The Real Umberto’s Of New Hyde Park Long Island”

• […] The Real Umberto’s Of New Hyde Park Long Island […]

• Mike wrote:
    14 Oct 2008 at 10:31 am

THESE PICTURES OF FROM THE UMBERTO'S IN LAKE GROVE… YOU'RE SOME EXPERT

14 Oct 2008 at 10:42 am

Yes, they are from the Umbertos of New Hyde Park by the SmithHaven Mall

• Joe wrote:
    21 Jan 2009 at 1:51 pm

This place has the best pizza and food! The service is great as well!!

• Jackie wrote:
    16 Sep 2009 at 5:05 pm

It's open on US-441 in West Boca Raton

• jeffmassett wrote:
    19 Sep 2009 at 1:18 am

I have lived on LONG ISLAND most of my 40+ years. These last 6 years my job has taken me to Connecticut. The pizza and chinese food up here ranks about the same level as dog food. The pizza here compared to UMBERTO's from New Hyde Park is like comparing tap water to fine wine. It doesn”t compare. I miss UMBERTO's pizza every day since I have been up here. My only happiness is when I go down to visit relatives and get to bring back my favorite foods from my youth, mainly UMBERTO's pizza. NO one can say ther isn't a better sicilian pizza made that is superior to the sicilian pizza UMBERTO makes. You have it once and you are hooked. It is the best! Bet on it……

• Bob wrote:
    23 Nov 2009 at 10:24 pm

Umberto's in Lake Grove is absolutely amazing! The food is great and the service is impeccable! The specials are to die for and they are very reasonably priced!! The waitstaff literally treats you like family as well 😀

• Bob wrote:
    24 Nov 2009 at 5:24 am

• Cary Steiner wrote:
    15 Mar 2011 at 1:31 am

Lapp… the real Umberto’s is in NEW HYDE PARK… Umberto Corteo does not work in the Lake Grove location – in fact, it was sold to Sbarro’s years ago.

• Gtplayer6 wrote:
    03 Jun 2011 at 3:27 am

Where are you getting your intel that it was sold to Sbarro? Oh right, You have no CLUE what you’re talking about. Thanks

• Cary & Lillian Steiner wrote:
    07 Aug 2011 at 5:21 pm

Actually, the deal with Sbarro’s fell through. However, Umberto Corteo does NOT own any of the “Umberto’s Of New Hyde Park” restaurants EXCEPT for the original “Umbertos” on Jericho Turnpike IN New Hyde Park. Where did I get THAT intel? From Mr. Corteo.

• Gtplayer6 wrote:
    29 Jan 2012 at 10:47 pm

It was not sold to Sbarro ever. Do you just make stuff up as you go? Umberto owns most of the Umberto’s on Long Island except for a select few that Sbarro owns and destroyed by selling their pizza

• DD7 wrote:
    13 Oct 2012 at 7:39 pm

Sat down for dinner of spaghetti and sausage, my wife wanted a grandmothers pizza, The pizza was overcooked, lacked cheese and spices, was hard like cardboard. My dinner had cut up slices of sausage overcooked and chewy. My wife had a stuffed artichoke, the heart of it was missing. The meal was a real disappointment, we will not be dining at this place again. No care was taken in preparing the food. The food may have been good at one time but it is lacking now. DD7

RECEIVE PIZZA REVIEWS