Enoteca San Marco The Venetian Hotel Las Vegas

Posted By: Matt's Pizza on August 24th, 2008
Visit Enoteca San Marco The Venetian Hotel Las Vegas's Website

While I am usually a purist when it comes to toppings, I admit I love a good
clam pie.  That’s what I was thinking when I saw one on the menu of this
Mario Batali Restaurant in Las Vegas.  While I had a reservation, the
restaurant was “hawking menus” to everyone passing by and was very surprised
when I brushed the menu away and insisted I did, in fact, plan on eatingthere.  This was not a very well run restaurant.  Service just seemed
awkward and off.  When I finally got the pizza though, I had to laugh.  Just
LOOK at the picture!  How is someone supposed to eat a pizza with SHELLS on
it.  I folded the slice and jokingly tried to eat it.  I had to pick the
shells out of the hot cheese?  This was completely ridiculous.  Again, look
at the picture.  0 of 8 slices.

8 Responses to “Enoteca San Marco The Venetian Hotel Las Vegas”

• jeremynt wrote:

28 Aug 2008 at 8:56 am

It looks awful with the shells! What are they thinking? Anyway, if it doesn’t have traditional toppings, I don’t want it. I like clams, just not on my pizza. I give you credit for trying it—I wouldn’t have even had the clams to order this ridiculous pie.

28 Aug 2008 at 12:43 pm

Not sure what possessed Matt to try this thing passed off as pizza either!

• Alex Esser wrote:

09 Jan 2009 at 3:37 am

They seriously expect you to eat that?
    I must say, the dough doesn't look bad..
    maybe you should go there again and try a margherita or something? :)

• FGrant wrote:

05 Feb 2009 at 12:15 pm

Seems right to me. Ever had proper pasta with clam sauce? I'd rather not have the clams separate since then you never know what kind of awful frozen clam thing you might end up getting.

• mattspizza wrote:

22 May 2009 at 6:23 pm

Of course I have had linguini with clam sauce, but that I eat with a FORK!!! Pizza I eat with my hands. Imagine picking up a slice of this and taking a bite. How do you remove the shells? All hot and covered with cheese!

• mattspizza wrote:

22 May 2009 at 6:26 pm

I went back, and had a delicious meal. No pizza this time!!!

• mattspizza wrote:

23 May 2009 at 1:23 am

• mattspizza wrote:

23 May 2009 at 1:26 am

I went back, and had a delicious meal. No pizza this time!!!